Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya folks,
I currently own a 97 GTP, and love the car. LOVE IT! But, I made the awful mistake of test driving the IS about 2 months ago, and have an incurable itch since. It is currently a little out of my price range, and I have always vowed that I would not buy a brand new car, but wow. I am currrently looking at the blue with the luxury pkg., and would probably buy an extra set of the all weathers and rims, and have the perfs installed with the 17's. What is the skinny on the 2002? Any word on the price and actuality of the GPS? Thanks in advance!!

·
11,061 Posts
They're sayin' that there will be a manual transmission and GPS on the 2002. I know what you mean...I was looking at Accords and Volvo S40s when I made the "mistake" of test driving the IS300....and yeah, never had a new car before. Got the blue/black leather with luxury package. So, now I'm broke and happy.

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeap, when 5speeds comes out, that is going to be more interesting! i am start wondering what others going to say about the IS.. interesting, not too far away!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the GP simply for the "whole package" concept. I have 270 hp, (by way of cone, pulley, and exhaust upgrades) 4 doors and 27 mpg highway, 21 city. I have a few gripes, but mostly this car delivers, pure and simple. My main problem, (no laughing) is that I am male, and am always striving to be different...here in KC there is a Grand Prix about every 100ft. Plus the IS would fit better in my garage...(trying to justify the purchase, does it show?) I am curious about winter performance, more directly SNOW....how does the IS do, being a RWD car? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The car is terrible in the snow...I think it's about 97% the summer tires. If you get snow tires you should have no problem, as long as you know how to drive a RWD car in the snow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just got snows on my IS (Dunlops) , and we havn't got the Blazer 4X4 out of the garage in 4 days (with snow and ice on the raods).
With TRAC. on it's hard to even slide the ass end out. But with TRAC. off, FUN TIME!!!

RWD Rocks!!

P.S. It did suck pretty bad with the summer tires in the snow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts