Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
you can take it apart and remove the yellow film i think? or u can buy the jdm clear fogs. do a search to learn how to remove the film

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Search function...

But yeah you have to take apart your fog light and sand off the yellow "film" on the lens. Or you can just buy a jdm set of fog lights.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Reactions: chrisridebike8

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
yep, you're in the minority here. I won't get rid of mine ever.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Thats a really nice tutorial, although I like my fogs how they are. If I was to paint them, I don't think I'd paint the inner part black.

·
Registered
641 Posts
1/2 black or all black that is the question

Thats a really nice tutorial, although I like my fogs how they are. If I was to paint them, I don't think I'd paint the inner part black.
You really think that painting the whole foglight as opposed to just around would make a big difference in visibility? Reason Im asking is because Im like 99% sure im going to paint my Black onyx headlights and fogs somewhere in the next week or so and I can decide if I want the whole fog painted or just the outside. any suggestions( im also considering projecters from AAC but not sure ? and sorry for interrupting the thread:(

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The chrome portion of the fog has nothing to do with the output. The only thing that will reflect light will be the projector bowl and the lens itself, but the shroud should have no reflection (or else it will cause massive amounts of glare). Think of dark chrome fogs (they won't be any brighter/dimmer than chrome fogs).

·
1,621 Posts
You really think that painting the whole foglight as opposed to just around would make a big difference in visibility? Reason Im asking is because Im like 99% sure im going to paint my Black onyx headlights and fogs somewhere in the next week or so and I can decide if I want the whole fog painted or just the outside. any suggestions( im also considering projecters from AAC but not sure ? and sorry for interrupting the thread:(
When I painted my foglights I decided to go with the "just the face painted black and leave the rest chrome" look. IMO looks a lot cleaner then painting the whole thing black and it also matches the headlights if the housings are black also!

And I do think that having the chrome foglight housing does produce a bit of glare compared to a black painted housing... more so with a HID kit installed. Reason being I do not get a very clean light cut off with my foglights...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts