Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took a day off of work to go get my spoiler and grill installed from a bodyshop that was painting it. Of all things.. i decided to put my chrome back on since we had bout two weeks of good weather in NYC. I wake up to what... SNOW! I was soo pissed!
To top that all off.. I hit the mother of all pothole cruizin down the Belt Pkwy! That did a double whammie on me... #1 I bubbled my brand new front left tire ! (fu'ck!) #2 It jammed my CD player and now I got no tunes! To top THAT off... The dumba$$es in the bodyshop didnt paint my spoiler or grill yet. So talk about having a bad day and fu'cked up luck. I guess instead of being all decked out for the NY/NJ/CT meet on saturday... I now have a bubbled tire and only FM radio!! Im thinkin of sueing the city for damages to my rim and tires. What a waste of a day

------------------
  • Formerly "rarjoon (517 posts)" Still Cruisin NYC in my SBM.
  • Working on my 96 Chevy S10/350 Conversion race truck. -- Syclone 2
  • Killed Chevy S10 project... will use truck as my daily driver, and focus on tuning my IS

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oh man sorry to hear that. I pick up my car this saturday, and I was so confident about getting the 17 inch wheels...thinking the worst is over..and what happens..SNOW...I was so mad this morning. I hope this is the very last. Just have this bad feeling that we may get dumped on again. As for potholes, I sure don't look foward to them. I will be on the belt mostly and the JACKED up van wyke. So I expect I will eventually end up in the same situation.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Yeah wow sorry to hear it man, like it was 85 and sunny here in Phoenix yesterday, cruisin around in the vert. What were you sayin about snow?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Rich-

Me and you had a few words a while back about the Belt. THAT $HIT SUCKS! I have been staying away from it, it's clearly the worst road in America. I went through 6 tires and 3 bent rims this season. I feel for ya bro.

I look at it like this to ease the pain...

We are in NYC and we got the potholes that country w/out potholes?

I think I'll take the potholes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What I meant to say was...

We are in NYC and we got the potholes that F*CK up rims, could you imagine being in the country w/out potholes?

I'll take the potholes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Don't even bother trying to sue the city man. My front wheel fell in an open man hole some time ago on the Major Deegan and that went no where. Sorry to hear though, hope things turn up for you.

------------------
-------
'01 Diamond Pearl White IS 300 with Factory Spoiler

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn i hate being screwed by the man! I just want my CD Fixed my spoiler and grill mounted and my tire unbubbled.
is that so damn much to ask for?

------------------
  • Formerly "rarjoon (517 posts)" Still Cruisin NYC in my SBM.
  • Working on my 96 Chevy S10/350 Conversion race truck. -- Syclone 2
  • Killed Chevy S10 project... will use truck as my daily driver, and focus on tuning my IS

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Sorry to hear about that...the roads in North Jersey aren't any better. You can try to file a case against the state, but have your documentation ready! It's an uphill battle, but it can be won...I did it once!!!

Mark

·
Registered
295 Posts
My friend put a claim in for a pothole he hit and bent his 18's. He took a pic with the car in the pothole and sent them a bill. It was a goddamn moon crator. You people who live in the south have no idea how lucky you are when it comes to not having potholes!!!

------------------
Everyone needs a little New York in them!!!!
01 SBM 17" OEM Chrome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts