Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Wensday I was driving home for getting some food and I stop at a red light and I am making a right turn and I hit the gas a little when I take off half way around the turn and the car spins and right in to a gard rail on the bridge I was turning on to. I hit the front drivers side messed up the hood, light, fender, bumper, grill, and a hole bunch of other things. There Insurance aguster said there is $7000 in damage to the car. I will have pics soon.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Us Californians can't drive for sh!t in the rain. If it ever snowed here (freak snow storm or such) may God have mercy on our freeways/highways.

Sorry just had to put that in, hope you get your car back soon. Cough, Cwest bumper cough.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
keep traction on during the rain.

this week because of the rain, the traction and slip control saved me numerous times.

for automatics- powers off.

be smart to how fast you go and how you drive.

sorry to hear about your car, hopefully you can get it fix for a lower price.
gl.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The airbags did not go off because I hit the rail above the bumper like at headlight leave and I was only going about 10 mph. My uncle owns a body shop so the parts I will get at cost and no labor. I am getting a Lsportline body kit because I need a new bumper. The thing that sucks is that I just put on the C/F grill and the PLP radiator vent last weekend and they both broke and insurance is not paying for them they are only giving me OEM price for the parts. I will have pics soon.

·
8,827 Posts
It's one of the downsides to e-shift - once the rear end goes, it is very hard to regain control, especially without proper knowledge.

Don't feel too bad... Been there, done that. :oops:

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,752 Posts
Hi IS-ROCKET,

Sorry to hear about your car.

Maybe you should turn on the "SNOW" button when it's raining. That will definitely keep you from losing control. I know it sucks to drive with that on but it's better than messing up your car.

Just my 2 cents. :wink:

·
11,054 Posts
TK288 said:
SeattleSheila said:
flproject13 said:
michelin pilot sport A/S is all i have to say :) best tires i've ever had

I just ordered a set this Saturday. :)
btw, i finally got my tires too....yokohama avs es100...235/40-17!!! those are some wide tires compared to the 215!!!
I'm hoping I can get the new ones on this weekend. They're supposed to arrive at the shop on Wednesday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.