Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to take my front bumper off and the damn scrivet heads are stripped. The dealership must have did that after installing my grille a while back. Anyone know how to pop those four that are on the sides ontop of the grille if they are stripped? I tried a knife to wedge in and pry the suckers out but they wouldnt come out. I also used a flathead screwdriver and no luck. Is there anything I can do besides taking it to Lexus?

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
You mean those two piece plastic fasteners that expand when you push the center pice in?

If so, I've drilled out the centers and then the outer part will pull out. Got new ones at NAPA auto parts. They have bags of them for several brands of cars.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am talking about the ones to the left and right ontop of the front grille. They use phillip's head screwdrivers to loosen them up but the heads of all of them are stripped. I guess I will give it a shot with the drill. Thanks for the idea! :D

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Yeah that will work. Once you drill out that center part, the outside part will collapse and pull out.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
get a panel popper tool. or reach your hand around to the bottom and push up on the center piece while you turn the top part. that should get it popped up..

·
Registered
197 Posts
for the grill scrivits i just used a knife to pop the center up... only takes a minute to do all four.

·
8,880 Posts
Center portion pops up, it doesn't screw in/out.
I used a thin flat screwdriver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts