Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to take a look at the IS300 a couple months back at Magnussens LEXUS in Fremont and being the young looking person i am..they treated me like SH$$%T.....i will never get my Lexus from there again....and will never refer them gain.....Lexus of Sac is the best experience I ever had....and the ironic thing is...i work for ToyotA.... @SSholes....sorrie eveyrone..i just needed to let people know...

when u buy a car...you should be treated with respect right!?......well theres my 5 cents...

Black IS...magnussen hater....

·
Registered
82 Posts
How old are you? I ask because if they see a guy in his 20's stroll in they may think that you are some college student jerking them around. To gain the most respect, you got to be in your 30's and have a huge bald spot on your head.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I went in there and got to test drive a blue mica IS without any problems. I ended up not buying it since I know I could get a better deal elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I was trying out the IS300 stereo, playing my CDs. They asked me to leave saying that I was wasting their time...

I had better luck at Steven's Creek...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went there back in August when I was looking for an IS. Talked to Akemi who seemed to need to ask someone else at the dealer everytime we had a question. Got to give her some credit for effort I guess. When I called back and asked her what kind of deal we could get on a silver IS she balked. I told her we were getting about $600 bucks off MSRP and she said there was really nothing she could do. I told her we would buy elsewhere. That would have been fine except she proceeded to call and leave about 6 messages varying from she was checking to see if we were still interested in getting the IS from them, to they could offer some discount but NOT on the silver color we wanted. Very frustrating! We were very put off by the whole experience.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i went to that dealersip too when i was looking for my IS. i figured i live in fremont so i should go check it out. i was walking aroung the dealership for almost half an hour and no one even looked at me. i'm 29 years old already (look a bit younger tho) so i dunno how valid the age thing is...but sheesh, the people at that dealership are really not into selling cars or something. i would think that no matter what you look like, you should at least be approached. i finally approached someone to ask about the IS300, then the guy looked at me like i was stupid for asking. he told me they had none and i'd have to order one. and then he just walked away. WTF was that??? i said screw it and i had MUCH MUCH better service at steven's creek. my salesman steve yi, and the finance girl (reena) were so helpful. i have nothing bad to say about steven's creek (except for the whole plant thing
) well, that's my 2 cents on the whole lexus thing in fremont...those guys there are snobs or something...but then again, that's just my experience...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
224 Posts
Lexus of Sac is the best...I got mine from them and their service is great. I live in Concord though and its a bit of a drive...haven't taken mine to Lexus of Concord yet.....I looked at the Bimmers here, and when I was on the lot, it took about 10 minutes before someone finally came up and talked to me...and I was with my wife!!!! You couldn't ask for a better up!! Anyways, needless to say, didn't buy the Bimmer. It was nice though....the service costs was a big determining factor for me..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by VBGOD:
How old are you? I ask because if they see a guy in his 20's stroll in they may think that you are some college student jerking them around. To gain the most respect, you got to be in your 30's and have a huge bald spot on your head.
im 20 years old..and no my daddy didn't buy it for me..im just a computer geek....i mean i undertand the whole thing about being a college student just "dreamin" about a Lexus..but still ..they should give some sort of respect...what if i was looking at the cars for my dad or something???..u know....but lexus of Sac treated me excellent...they talked to me even after I told them that i wasn't interested in buying anything that day and i was still looking at my options.....the fact still remains..treat someone with respect and consideracy....they will come back.....if anything ive learned in school....its the #1 business ethic for many of the most successful businesses in this day and age...with the exception of McDonalds...lol....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
i went to that dealersip too when i was looking for my IS. i figured i live in fremont so i should go check it out. i was walking aroung the dealership for almost half an hour and no one even looked at me. i'm 29 years old already (look a bit younger tho) so i dunno how valid the age thing is...but sheesh, the people at that dealership are really not into selling cars or something. i would think that no matter what you look like, you should at least be approached. i finally approached someone to ask about the IS300, then the guy looked at me like i was stupid for asking. he told me they had none and i'd have to order one. and then he just walked away. WTF was that??? i said screw it and i had MUCH MUCH better service at steven's creek. my salesman steve yi, and the finance girl (reena) were so helpful. i have nothing bad to say about steven's creek (except for the whole plant thing
) well, that's my 2 cents on the whole lexus thing in fremont...those guys there are snobs or something...but then again, that's just my experience...

Steven's Creek pretty much ignored me when I went in to test drive. After a half an hour of staring at the car and looking as interested as I could, I had to ask for help. I too got Steve Yi, and I agree that he was very helpful and a pretty nice all around guy. I'll have to ask him not to send me a cactus though...

About the whole "age" thing... there's a definite ring of truth to that. I look in my early 20's, but am paying for the car myself... makes me kind of mad.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Originally posted by nemesiss:
I went to take a look at the IS300 a couple months back at Magnussens LEXUS in Fremont and being the young looking person i am..they treated me like SH$$%T.....i will never get my Lexus from there again....and will never refer them gain.....Lexus of Sac is the best experience I ever had....and the ironic thing is...i work for ToyotA.... @SSholes....sorrie eveyrone..i just needed to let people know...

when u buy a car...you should be treated with respect right!?......well theres my 5 cents...

Black IS...magnussen hater....
If you work for Toyota (factory, or any subsidiary) couldn't u have gotten it direct from them? Unless you work for a Toyota dealer that's a different story.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
yeah, steve's cool...next time you go there, bribe him with some cigarettes... heh... and tell him the guy with the black supra (and the GPP IS300) told you to

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you work for toyota...you can't get deals from Lexus...they consider themselves a separate entity from Toyota...despite they are a subsidary.....i really don't understand the whole story...but I WISH.....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Originally posted by nemesiss:
if you work for toyota...you can't get deals from Lexus...they consider themselves a separate entity from Toyota...despite they are a subsidary.....i really don't understand the whole story...but I WISH.....
Hmmm...it doesn't make sense...My uncle works at TMS (corporate Toyota in Torrance, CA), in the Toyota side and not Lexus, and he is able to lease/buy a Lexus vehicle. Besides, Lexus is a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Sales (says in the brochure and advertisements).

My family was able to buy a LS400 under the family buy plan as well, so I don't understand why you couldn't but then you don't work down here in LA, so I don't know how it works for other Toyota employees in different regions (Wasn't there someone on this board who worked at TMMNA in Kentucky and got an IS also?)

If I were you, go ask management. There is no way that Toyota wouldn't sell/lease a Lexus to their own employee, and of course, will get the best deal possible.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would like to say..that Magnussen sucks again. i went to guy buy my second lex..and still...they are idiots....thank you.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Bought my IS300 from Lexus Of Sac, had a big fat black guy Willie help me out and he was awesome. Customer service is great! Only complaint is the service department treated me like s**t for some reason that was really weird. Anyways Valley Lexus of Modesto is so awesome they treat you like a king no matter what your age is and I am only 19!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Man, I went to Park Place lexus in Plano, TX and felt the same way you guys did. I'm 23 and waited about 13-20 mins and was walking out the door when a great saleman (Robert Sturm) asked me if I needed help. I ended up buying a black/black '02 etc etc. You can't always blame them cuz I imagine a crapload of ricers showed up at dealerships when the IS came out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Car Service Department of Sac is Horrible!!! They treat you awful!!!
They are soooooo RUDE!! When you take your car in, they act like it is a BIG BOTHER to THEM TO FIX YOUR CAR!!!! They have a BAD ATTITUDE!!

I was just expecting them to be willing to help you and be friendly!!!!!
GRRRRRRRRR They make me sooooo mad!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry about your bad experience with Magnussen's, Nemesiss. I on the other hand had nothing but a great experience with them so far. Everyone that I have dealt with there has been professional and respectful.

One piece of advice I might offer to others reading this thread is if you're intending to make a purchase or get service, visit a number of dealerships and then decide for yourself whether they are worthy of your business.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts