Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was on my way up to my local dealership in Chattanooga, TN, when I ran through f*cking water from the hellacious rain we have been getting. It was a deep puddle. Anyways, I got out at the dealership and popped my hood and my filter was really wet it just looked like water had splashed on the top of it. I checked and no filter oil was dripping or nothing. So I let them service it and drove it home. It seems fine, do yall think I am okay. Or do I need to clean it or what, it isnt wet now. I have the AEM intake. Thanks guys :(

·
11,062 Posts
Don't move up here. It just started raining and it doesn't stop until July.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
They didn't say anything about you having an aftermarket intake?

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
26,421 Posts
Sue the Road Commission of whatever county the road is in.

It's their fault for not forseeing the possibility of rain falling on their road, creating a puddle, and therefore getting the engine bay of your precious car wet IN THE [email protected]#$ RAIN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, they didnt say anything to me. I am just wondering if my motor is gonna be okay. I mean if water splashed on the filter can it suck it up in the motor. I just need a answer damn :roll:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BWN 7 said:
Sue the Road Commission of whatever county the road is in.

It's their fault for not forseeing the possibility of rain falling on their road, creating a puddle, and therefore getting the engine bay of your precious car wet IN THE [email protected]#$ RAIN!!!!!!!!!!
I dont give a fuck about the puddle dipshit. I just need to know I hurt anything. Stupid fuck, thats what you are :bitching:

·
Registered
83 Posts
your motor should be fine, if your intake sucked up any water that would be harmful, you'd definitely know because the car would run really, really crappy (backfiring, bogging down, no power, etc). do you have the CAI with the water filter on it, or is it the short ram intake?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TDaddy said:
your motor should be fine, if your intake sucked up any water that would be harmful, you'd definitely know because the car would run really, really crappy (backfiring, bogging down, no power, etc). do you have the CAI with the water filter on it, or is it the short ram intake?
it is the short ram air. the car is running fine. no power loss that I notice or backfiring.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Aubie83 said:
No, they didnt say anything to me. I am just wondering if my motor is gonna be okay. I mean if water splashed on the filter can it suck it up in the motor. I just need a answer damn :roll:
Gee Aubie, this is a tough one.....

Water and oil......hmmmm, water and oil..... What is the relationship between water an oil again? Do they mix, or repell each other......hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmm. Oh yeah. Oil repells water. Your filter is oiled. *Aubie thinking to himself 'But what is DJPoop getting at?'*

Well Aubie, since you have an oiled filter, and oil naturally repells water. Your engine should be fine.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Your intake would have to practically be fully submerged in water for it to dramatically affect your engine........and you would know if this happened as your engine would seize up due to hydrolock.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DJPoop said:
Aubie83 said:
Gee Aubie, this is a tough one.....

Water and oil......hmmmm, water and oil..... What is the relationship between water an oil again? Do they mix, or repell each other......hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmm. Oh yeah. Oil repells water. Your filter is oiled. *Aubie thinking to himself 'But what is DJPoop getting at?'*

Well Aubie, since you have an oiled filter, and oil naturally repells water. Your engine should be fine.
Alright, thanks dj :wink:

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
-move to southern cali and you won't have the RAIN problem :p
-sunny 350 days out of the year (exagerating)

·
Registered
691 Posts
R808IS300 said:
Your intake would have to practically be fully submerged in water for it to dramatically affect your engine........and you would know if this happened as your engine would seize up due to hydrolock.
Yah. A drop or two of water would just vaporize, you wouldn't notice. Sucking all water and no air...that's a problem. Water doesn't compress like air...the metal in one of your rods will give before water will.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
22 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing