Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieve Vehicle Registration Renewal Notice from DMV. They jack up the registration to $554 for my 02 5speed. I paid $284 last year... :pissed:

I probably will vote to recall him this October....

How about you guys over in California? Is it the same increase?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
I haven't got mine yet......... This focker.......

i swear i should vote also.

David

·
3,221 Posts
al7ezza said:
Just recieve Vehicle Registration Renewal Notice from DMV. They jack up the registration to $554 for my 02 5speed. I paid $284 last year... :pissed:

Were you not aware of this happening?

The GOP is in the process of fighting the bill in court but until the hearing is complete, the state can continue collecting the tax hike and not pay the increase back after it's all said and done.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Wow I must be lucky then, I just got mine and I had to pay $584, but then I got some type of credit crap and my payment is only a little over $200. And I got the credit for last year's registration too :eek:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
simpdaddy said:
al7ezza said:

Were you not aware of this happening?

The GOP is in the process of fighting the bill in court but until the hearing is complete, the state can continue collecting the tax hike and not pay the increase back after it's all said and done.
I have heard the fee increase early this year. I thought it was supposed to implement until the budget approves and I don't know the price jacks up that high :cry:

·
3,221 Posts
al7ezza said:
I have heard the fee increase early this year. I thought it was supposed to implement until the budget approves and I don't know the price jacks up that high :cry:
Nope. It went into place on July 1st and was suppose to take 30 days for the DMV to adjust their computers. They said on average it should go up $136 per car.

This is suppose to help the budget.

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
al7ezza said:

it was a good thing I got my registration a month before ghey davis hiked the fees. i paid $202.00 for my registration 2 weeks ago.

I have my honda coming up..... I don't want to see that one.. it's gonna piss me off....

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I got mine yesterday only $214 last year was $240 for the 02 IS and only $60 for the 69 El Camino.

I still think Ghey Gheyvis is a anal plug.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is from DMV
Important: Vehicle License Fee Notice

The increase in Vehicle License Fees that was announced on Friday, June 20, 2003, affects vehicle registrations that become due October 1, 2003, or later. Vehicle registrations that become due before that date will be unaffected by the increase.

Vehicle owners whose registrations become due on and after October 1, 2003, cannot pay early to avoid the increase. The department mails billing notices approximately 60 days in advance of your vehicle registration expiration date.

:cry: Fook! I bought my IS on October 1, 2001 :cry: :bitching:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
If they recall Ghey Davis, i kno for a fact this will change, and refunds will happen!!

i think we should get beaters and do certs of non use on the is300s

David

·
Registered
557 Posts
Welcome to the tax rate from 5 years ago (back when practically all new cars cost $600/year to register). They basically reverted a tax cut enacted a few years ago. When the cut first kicked in they let people register late so they could take advantage of the cut; odd how they won't let people register early to avoid the increase.

I'm not sure how I'd vote, nor whether I'd want to re-register to vote. The last time I registered I got picked for jury duty 4 times in 2 years (a result of Berkeley being in high-crime Alameda county). One of my parents got a notice stating they might get selected for a month-long jury duty in Fresno (~90 miles away).

·
Registered
478 Posts
al7ezza said:

I'll chime in with my renewl notice for my 2001 IS bought 10/2000

almost three year old car = $522 :pissed:

paid ~$230 last year.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
I guess you guys didn't hear that Gay Davis wants to allow ILLEGAL ALIENS to obtain drivers licences, so he can get 22% more people to vote for him!

This guy is a total tool, he needs to be jailed.

·
3,221 Posts
is300soon said:
If they recall Ghey Davis, i kno for a fact this will change, and refunds will happen!!

i think we should get beaters and do certs of non use on the is300s

David
There will be no refunds of this money. The state will be allowed to collect this tax until it is heard in court and a decision has been handed down. If the courts decision is to change the tax back, the state does not have to pay any of the money back to the people that paid. They said it will probably be in place for at least a year before anything happens.

The only way you get a refund is if a decision is made to change the tax. You pay your registration after that date. Then you'll see a check in the mail from the state of california.

Other than that, we're all fucked for a little while.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts