Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
JeffsLexusis300 said:
alarms are bull$hit and are useful for maybe 10 seconds......all u gotta do is get in the car then pop the hood and disconnect the battery and now the alarm wont be goin off...... when my car was broken into they disconnected my battery and were in my car for however long they wanted to be sitting in there unnoticed.......me and isnyc are both in nyc too so u can never be safe here but anywhere for that matter
Wow, I never thought about that. How simple, disconnect the battery. You would think that a $30k (+) car would have something else running the alarm!?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
NItrouS 300 said:
IsNYC said:
I got my car broken into again. The bastard tried to force open my glove compartment (which I keep locked) with a screwdriver or something. Now the glove comp. door and the dash is all messed up. An

Anybody know where I can get replacement parts for the interior? THought I'd ask around here before I go to the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

BTW-they got away with nothing because my IS is stock and I don't have any valuables in there...just left me with a f*cked up keyhole, door handle, door and the interior damage.
I'm confused. How was this person(s) able to get through your door and then to your glovebox and not get caught or noticed. Didn't your IS come with an alarm system just like every other one coming off the dealer lot?

That's a rhetorical question. But you make the guy sound like an idiot, but he must know something in order to bypass the alarm system?!
In NYC, car alarms don't really mean anything. Alarms go off all of the time. People "accidently" bump your car while parking or a loud exhaust from a drive-by can set off sensitive car alarms in the street. I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but here in NYC when I hear an alarm I don't even think twice. I don't even bother looking.

I don't think the thief was looking to steal the car. I think he/she just assumed I had something of value in the car and wanted to steal it. They didn't bother to cut the line to the battery so I'd assume that he/she broke in, rummaged through the door pockets, tried to get in the glove and then just ran off all while the alarm was wailing.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
JeffsLexusis300 said:
alarms are bull$hit and are useful for maybe 10 seconds......all u gotta do is get in the car then pop the hood and disconnect the battery and now the alarm wont be goin off...... when my car was broken into they disconnected my battery and were in my car for however long they wanted to be sitting in there unnoticed.......me and isnyc are both in nyc too so u can never be safe here but anywhere for that matter

you can always get a hood lock for about 200 so they cant pop the hood.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
hood lock prevents u for just a lil bit longer.....my alarm installer showed me how to break the hood lock.....just slide a screwdriver through the grill and pop it.....you break the grill but why the hell would the guy breaking into ur car care bout that

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
JeffsLexusis300 said:
hood lock prevents u for just a lil bit longer.....my alarm installer showed me how to break the hood lock.....just slide a screwdriver through the grill and pop it.....you break the grill but why the hell would the guy breaking into ur car care bout that
well nothing is a 100%. some guy can just come with a flatbed and take your car too. the best you can do is just make the job a little harder for them. hood locks stop/slow them down from opening your hood and disabling your alarm.

·
Registered
975 Posts
This is why I would NEVER move to NYC while owning an expensive car. I go to the Bronx every Sunday and I DREAD it!

If I lived there, I wouldn't even get a Civic. Every little punk ass kid is into civics.

Get a cheap a** Mozda Protegie...used.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
you cant reduce nyc to the bronx, i wouldnt own a nice car there either unless i had a garage.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
i live in riverdale...prob nicest area in the bronx......all rich jewish people in my area.....doesnt matter where u are....thieves are everywhere....im safe in riverdale just cuz every1 knows me but when i get out of here i always gotta worry when my cars parked much like every1 im sure wherever u park.....fact is its not just NYC its anywhere u park where u gotta be worried bout thieves...it exists everywhere

·
Registered
2007,Lexus is250
4 Posts
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and I don't know where else to turn to, to ask this question.. sooo about 2 months ago I noticed some things different in my is250 and if your like me you know your far inside and out every little new scratch or new sound you just know when something is off well I started to notice this alot with different parts on my Lexus I noticed that the place I was renting from the neighbor and the landlord or taking parts off my car and switching them from another Lexus I'm assuming they had except the parts they were putting on my car we're all scratched up and just not in As Good As condition as mine or anyways time goes on I put a camera caught the neighbor looking inside and opening the door well fast forward a little bit my question is they installed something in my Lexus to wear they are able to get in without a key every single night even if I lock my doors so my question is where can I find this or locate this to take it off and what could I do about this so it doesn't happen again I even had to move out on short notice to where I haven't even found a new spot yet to live so sometimes I crash at my mom's but I hate the fact of them getting into my car every night so sometimes I even sleep in my car for right now till I find a place and they broke into my house install some things and now they're still in things out of my car I really don't want to go to jail for stomping someone out

·
4,271 Posts
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and I don't know where else to turn to, to ask this question.. sooo about 2 months ago I noticed some things different in my is250 and if your like me you know your far inside and out every little new scratch or new sound you just know when something is off well I started to notice this alot with different parts on my Lexus I noticed that the place I was renting from the neighbor and the landlord or taking parts off my car and switching them from another Lexus I'm assuming they had except the parts they were putting on my car we're all scratched up and just not in As Good As condition as mine or anyways time goes on I put a camera caught the neighbor looking inside and opening the door well fast forward a little bit my question is they installed something in my Lexus to wear they are able to get in without a key every single night even if I lock my doors so my question is where can I find this or locate this to take it off and what could I do about this so it doesn't happen again I even had to move out on short notice to where I haven't even found a new spot yet to live so sometimes I crash at my mom's but I hate the fact of them getting into my car every night so sometimes I even sleep in my car for right now till I find a place and they broke into my house install some things and now they're still in things out of my car I really don't want to go to jail for stomping someone out
Do not double post. You posted this in another section already.

·
4,271 Posts
It will be best to closed threads that are a year older to avoid new irrelevant posting.
It is better to just read. If everything had a time out. You could not add more info that may be needed. This is not Facebook or any other revolving time line. Where it is unlikely someone will want to read it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts