Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car broken into again. The bastard tried to force open my glove compartment (which I keep locked) with a screwdriver or something. Now the glove comp. door and the dash is all messed up. An

Anybody know where I can get replacement parts for the interior? THought I'd ask around here before I go to the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

BTW-they got away with nothing because my IS is stock and I don't have any valuables in there...just left me with a f*cked up keyhole, door handle, door and the interior damage.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
That sucks man. Hope everything goes well. Im not sure though where you can get parts for the IS. Its fairly new and who knows. Sorry cant help you out on that one. :-?

Anyone else? 8)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Damn, I'm making a sign that reads, "THERE ARE NO VALUABLES IN HERE!
THE CAR HAS A TRACKING DEVICE AND IT’S BEING MONITORED!".

I'll pull it out and leave it on the dash or passenger seat when I park.
I hope that will prevent them fools from breaking in.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
dph said:
Damn, I'm making a sign that reads, "THERE ARE NO VALUABLES IN HERE!
THE CAR HAS A TRACKING DEVICE AND IT’S BEING MONITORED!".

I'll pull it out and leave it on the dash or passenger seat when I park.
I hope that will prevent them fools from breaking in.
Most likely that would encourage them to break into your car...They'd probably get an idea that there's some good shit in the car :lol:

...But then again, it could scare their asses away

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
thats what we get for livin in NYc....when my system was ripped out of my car they screwed up my whole dash....insurance covered me for the dash but it was still a hassle.......the whole dash cost about 1,700

and i had to have my door fixed after they put something in underneath the keyhole....that ran me about 600-800

sorry man

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yeah its definetly worth them breaking in your car, to catch them breaking into the car. Would love to find that f*ck. Beat him senseless with my Nikes and leave a swoosh mark indented in his head. Peace.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IS 2 NV said:
lex2569 said:
what was in your glovebox?
yeah....what'd you have in there...
It was stupid of me to lock it because I didn't really have anything in there. Just the manual, a mag lite and an air ionizer that I bought from the Sharper Image.

·
Registered
126 Posts
IsNYC said:
IS 2 NV said:
lex2569 said:
what was in your glovebox?
yeah....what'd you have in there...
It was stupid of me to lock it because I didn't really have anything in there. Just the manual, a mag lite and an air ionizer that I bought from the Sharper Image.

Anything from The Sharper Image has high street value, I never leave my massage chair in my car overnight 8)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Does anyone else see the irony in this statement? :)

Yeah its definetly worth them breaking in your car, to catch them breaking into the car. Would love to find that f*ck. Beat him senseless with my Nikes and leave a swoosh mark indented in his head. Peace.
[/quote]

·
Registered
839 Posts
IsNYC said:
I got my car broken into again. The bastard tried to force open my glove compartment (which I keep locked) with a screwdriver or something. Now the glove comp. door and the dash is all messed up. An

Anybody know where I can get replacement parts for the interior? THought I'd ask around here before I go to the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

BTW-they got away with nothing because my IS is stock and I don't have any valuables in there...just left me with a f*cked up keyhole, door handle, door and the interior damage.
I'm confused. How was this person(s) able to get through your door and then to your glovebox and not get caught or noticed. Didn't your IS come with an alarm system just like every other one coming off the dealer lot?

That's a rhetorical question. But you make the guy sound like an idiot, but he must know something in order to bypass the alarm system?!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
alarms are bull$hit and are useful for maybe 10 seconds......all u gotta do is get in the car then pop the hood and disconnect the battery and now the alarm wont be goin off...... when my car was broken into they disconnected my battery and were in my car for however long they wanted to be sitting in there unnoticed.......me and isnyc are both in nyc too so u can never be safe here but anywhere for that matter

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
dang.. that sux..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts