Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the insurance renew and found out my insurance on my 02 5 speed has been increased by $200.

With no traffic violation and at-fault accident, I was shocked

Called 21st century insurance, they said our IS300 has been upgraded to "Intermediate Performance" vehicle. Hence the insurance need to be increased. :pissed:

This is not right at all.... Any comments?

I live in the suburb of San Francisco Bay Area. Currently, my comprehensive insurance is $797..... I used to pay $579....

How about you folks?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 months and I got multiple car discounts (totally 4 car in the household)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Re: I hate insurance

al7ezza said:
Just got the insurance renew and found out my insurance on my 02 5 speed has been increased by $200.

Called 21st century insurance, they said our IS300 has been upgraded to "Intermediate Performance" vehicle. Hence the insurance need to be increased. :pissed:

I live in the suburb of San Francisco Bay Area. Currently, my comprehensive insurance is $797..... I used to pay $579....

How about you folks?
i got the same shitty insurance...thinking about going to AAA or farmers

·
Registered
190 Posts
al7ezza said:

How about you folks?
Interesting I just renewed this month. I also live in the bayarea Oakland my rate is still the same. sorry to hear but i have an auto

·
Registered
26 Posts
I live in Stockton, Ca and just purchased my IS 300 (Millineum Silver E-shift with added PLP SFI) two months ago. USAA auto upped my rates by $221 per year. When I aksed the insurance rep why so much she said " well, you just bought a Lexus, what did you expect". :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I heard that the government reclassified our cars. I have State Farm and mine went up about $140 per year.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
ISinCP said:
I heard that the government reclassified our cars. I have State Farm and mine went up about $140 per year.
Yea, I am with State Farm as well, just renewed, went up 90 dollars for a 6 month.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guess Arnold's refund from the DMV fee now goes to the evil Insurance company :cry:

·
Registered
278 Posts
fW

Good Topic. Except I'd like to know if you're older than 25 or younger?

The Ins. Co. says it make's a diff. if you're 25yrs or older. "BULLSHIT" Well I'm 25 and I didn't see my Insurance decrease. Cool thing is it didn't go up either. I'm paying $870.00 for a 6 month policy living in Monrovia, California.

Monrovia is in L.A. for those who are in the know.

What do you think? This too much to pay for a six month policy?

·
Registered
324 Posts
You have to be 25 years and older PLUS have 9 years of driving experience. Many people are under the impression that once they turn 25, their insurance should decrease. I too thought this but was told by 3 insurance company that you must be 25 years old and have 9 years driving experience.

·
Registered
215 Posts
al7ezza said:

How about you folks?

i paid 1200 for 6 months...feel better now :D

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Re: fW

J.R. said:
Good Topic. Except I'd like to know if you're older than 25 or younger?

The Ins. Co. says it make's a diff. if you're 25yrs or older. "BULLSHIT" Well I'm 25 and I didn't see my Insurance decrease. Cool thing is it didn't go up either. I'm paying $870.00 for a 6 month policy living in Monrovia, California.

Monrovia is in L.A. for those who are in the know.

What do you think? This too much to pay for a six month policy?
i turned 25 a few months ago and my insurance premium went down by a whooppppping $4.00 . and no, this is not a typo.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Re: I hate insurance

mickey513 said:
redteam22003 said:
al7ezza said:
about going to AAA or farmers
Don't, it's the same for every company. The last year I have seen just about every company raising their rates, the most STATE FARM. Even AAA & farmers have gone up.

·
Registered
278 Posts
mickey513 said:
You have to be 25 years and older PLUS have 9 years of driving experience. Many people are under the impression that once they turn 25, their insurance should decrease. I too thought this but was told by 3 insurance company that you must be 25 years old and have 9 years driving experience.
I 've been driving since I was 16. so when I turned 25, doesn't that make it 9 years?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.