Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well coming home last night it was raining hard and stupid me left the traction button off...hydroplaned the car and messed up the rear end. Lucky for me it wasn't on the interstate on a one way street with only me on it... tore the back right tire and rim up!! the rest of the car is fine no damage at all except to that wheel...got the car off the road and parked it in a parking lot and had it towed today......the back right wheel is leaning outwards and took a chunk out of the rim....I have the car lowered on HR's and koni's....I don't know if it broke the axle or not the rest of the car is fine and i'm thinking not a mechanic mind you!!! but it's facing outward like that because of car being lowered and that tire is blown...once we got it up on the flatbed we looked underneath and it doesn't look like anything is bent or really fucked up...but the car starts up fine but the brake light is showing on the dash and the brake isn't on and the abs light is on which would make sense.....so what do you guys think...you think first the axle might be bent?? or worse??? if it's the abs i wondering how much that will cost to fix...i towed it to lexus and there gonna come in going what in the hell happened to that car.... I am fine of course which is the most important thing and i'm gonna wait till they look at the wheels before i reorder one cause the others might or might not be bent you look at the drivers side and nothing looks wrong then you go to the passenger side and the back wheel is pushed out with the flat and all....had to tell me story and see if you guys might have any ideas before lexus rapes me ont he price....i just hope the TRD sway, spring and shock are ok...otherwise it's gonna get pricey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts