Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience of this??? I fill out my claim form and I will call them monday... It is just one of the most stupid thing that can happen to anybody... I think I will need to replace the entire front bumper (ouch)
anyone have a idea of how much that's gonna be??? I really hate the city of San Francisco now!!! They bent my wheel (mud-hole) now the citytow damaged my car and I don't know if they are gonna addmit it...and I can't really think what's going to happen to my car next
SAN FRANCISCO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Solar Yellow 2K1 IS300
BBS RK 18"
Tein HA

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
its the ride height of hte car. i know exactly waht you're talking about because if i ever have myu car towed, i need a hydraulic lift type tow thing or my front bumper will suffer. i'm guessing that a new front bumper will run you like ~500 and a new wheel would be ~200 or to have it refinisehd i think 100-150.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i bought a dealer new front bumper for about $200. i coulda gotten it for cheaper but i was in a rush. its pretty cheap. IMO i think you should get a new aftermarket nicer one. like one where you have to remove the reinforcement but hey, its nicer.
Brandon

·
Registered
237 Posts
How exactly did you get your car towed??? I live in SF too and I just wanna make sure that I don't make the same mistake.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Lot's of Luck gettin' them to admit guilt! I had my Camaro towed a year or so ago, and the dumba$$ put a huge scrape on the front bumper. All I wanted was for them to paint that section, but they didn't even admit that their driver caused it.
Anyway, I gave them a good chewin, and I mean a good one, and left. Oh well, just try to find a good company whenever you need towing and maybe you can minimize loss. Good Luck!

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
san fran is one of the worst places in the bay area for parking. tow guys there are not too careful with their towing. if i remember correctly, there's a clause somewhere stating that if they tow your car from a spot, they are not liable for damages or something. i'm not too sure, but go look at the place where your car was parked. it sucks, i know, but the only thing you can really do about it is to not park somewhere you can get towed from. i know in the city, it's har to do this, but that's the best way. when i drive to the city, i really dread the whole "finding parking" thing...especially if i take my supra (it's really low with a kit). hopefully it won't happen to you anymore...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm in the city, too. CityTow is run by the friekin' MOB! They're a bunch of [email protected] luck on getting some retribution, but the odds are against you.

I still love this city...

------------------
-jb-
'01 Black Onyx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
-jb-
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing