Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got into an accident someone backed into the front and damaged the hood front bumper and driverside headlamp, insurance only gave me back the driver side $1200 assembly and well now i have a passenger side headlamp from 2001 that looks blue and a driver side headlamp that looks whiteish crisper and clearer but now i look all lopsided was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix this. it almost looks like different temperature bulbs on each side. maybe someone got hit on their passenger side and wants to do a switcheroo i dont care if i have to get the old pair i just dont want my car looking like a bug eyed is300 :( please someone help me.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
hahahaa...ASK MIKE from AAC and he could help you out. Just make sure you discuss with what you want.
His .net name fiveohfour. FYI it might take him a couple of days to reply. But he will reply.
Or you can call him. There is a forum that has his number. AAC forum that is. ;)

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
The Sportdesign heads and tails had a blue tint to them. You may have gotten one of those.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'm stuck in the same exact dilemma, just different style headlights. I've gotten into an accident back in Dec, car is still in the shop. I didnt clarify with them about my driver side headlight so a new one is on the way. My passenger headlight is painted flat black and has halos. Now I'll have one black and one stock new chrome headlight.

I dont know what to do either. I'll probably buy a new painted set from AAC and sell my new driver side headlight.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
simple answer to your prob! break them both open and do DYI black headlights. looks 100 times better and then they will match :approve:. case closed

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
in your case I would send them to AAC or MMSport to be painted (i dont DIY cause of condensation stuff can result to bad seal or inexperience.) and then order some 6-8k HID bulbs and bam. Sexy headlights and money still left over

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you know what though? i am feeling around the edges of the old and new headlight and theyre a little different too :\ old one has an edge around the headlight and the new one is completely smooth and rounded edges.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Are you talking about the bulbs or the actual housing?

If the bulbs are different colors then that makes sense. When a xenon bulb is brand new, it gives off a yellowish hue. After about 100hrs of use it will begin to color shift, giving the bulb a white/blue hue. If you want the same color bulb, you will either need two brand new bulbs or find a bulb that has the same ussage as your old one. Bulbs giving off a pure white hue has more visible light than a used blue bulb (or 6000k), so i would suggest replacing the bulb to a new one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
wow.. bummer. You know you can go back to your insurance and have them replace your other one too. You pay them a lot of money, im sure they will do whatever to keep you on. I had claims done many times, and never settle for first offer. I always find something wrong after and go back to them and request for more money. Go back and tell them this is not the same as your old one.. check with your dealer if they have it and get a replacement with the right one, or they have to buy you a pair.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
OK I had this problem as well....

It seems that somehow lexus sometimes fuc*s up the color codes. I got the exact same set up...

I had a chrome drivers side and a bluish passenger side.

It turned out that the passenger side was the color code for the IS300 is Mexico and that was the stock hl color over there.

The dealer changed it for me no questions asked.

There's your answer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts