Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home for the club waiting at stop light when suddenly a SUV hit my IS from behind. I saw it coming from a far and I notice he was going way to fast, then after that I hear his tire screech, then BAM !!!! I went outside my car to check it out, then look at the SUV driver and ask if he's okay. Instead this guy took off and run..... I WAS MAD :curses: :curses: !!!!!!

Here some picture

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
fucking people! Atleast you saw it coming and could brace for it. Mine was a very slow accident and my neck is jacked for life.
d

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
You did get the plates right?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THE SCREW UP PART OF IT I DIDN'T ABLE TO GET HIS PLATE ...... :curses: !!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
why the hell didnt you chase the fucker down? I dont know about you but my IS could most definitely keep up with most SUV's. I i would have chase them down and kicked them in the face

·
Registered
698 Posts
THE SCREW UP PART OF IT I DIDN'T ABLE TO GET HIS PLATE ...... :curses: !!!
Why didn't you chase him down?..How could you not get his plate especially when he was at fault?...Looks like you might have to eat the cost on this one...Good luck...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
^agreed like everyone..chase him get plates something..thats going to cost a pretty penny...unless looking at a junk yard

GL..at least u didn't get injured...SUV going fast..not good

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sucks to hear about that. Where in SA do you stay? I think some of the other members are going to meet up this weekend.

·
Registered
137 Posts
San Antonio is full of jerks that don't care whose stuff they mess up.... my car got hit (badly, over $3,000 worth of damage to the front end) when she was parked in a lot downtown-- not exactly what you want to come out to after a night out. I have uninsured motorists coverage on my policy and they covered the damage under that, so my deductible was $250 instead of $500.

Also, like Matt said, we are thinking of getting together this weekend, are you down for a little meet?

·
Registered
137 Posts
How the $(*$ do you hit a bright yellow car lol
He was probably drunk, which is probably why he took off. Those bastards.... :burningup:

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Definitely sould have gotten his plate then had neck problems to double screw him once the cops catch him.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Judging by your sig, you easily have enough power to catch up with him. Either way, that really sucks. I know if i got hit, and he took off, I would probably be too stunned to think to get the plates. Good luck with the insurance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My neighbor's parked car (across the street and one house to the right from my own) was once hit by a drunk driver. It was in front of his house on the street and a driver smashed the car so hard that my neighbor's car rolled onto my sidewalk's grass. The drunk driver ended up speeding off, running away. I called 911 immediately about a hit and run to help my neighbor out. One police officer came to check on the situation and asked questions on what happened. By the time he finished asking questions, he got a call saying they caught the driver. We didn't have the plate number or anything. We only described it was a silver sedan.

So even if you didn't get the plates, calling 911 might help. Hopefully your insurance will handle everything and you'll have yourself a fixed up car :D

Your bumper isn't too bad but your tail light seems to be deviated a bit from its original position. Make sure you complain about little things that don't make it perfect to the shop before you have it repaired. Insurance will cover it anyway so might as well have them fix everything.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh and we have shops up here that detail your car before they hand it back to you by claiming insurance too by saying its part of the repair. Maybe you can get a nice detailing job too :D Might as well make the best of the situation.

·
Registered
933 Posts
You can still file a report. In a perfect world this jerk would have insurance or will take his SUV to a shop at lease for an estimate on repairs. Autobody shops are required to report repairs over a certain amount and hopefully the cops can put 2 and 2 together and catch this butthole. But we all know that this world aint near perfect and he did run so he was either wasted, uninsured or a drunk illegal with no insurance.
Goodluck Brah!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yikes!:jawDrop: I hate buttholes like that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts