Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a speeding ticket for 105mph at a 65mph. i really didnt mean to speed but the road was an steep decline. it was my fault for not being cautious but it was too easy to go over the speed limit because of the downhill freeway. in addition to that there are no signs to slow down drivers. is this a valid excuse to lower a ticket? wat else can i do to reduce the fine. i just got out of college so i have no job yet and therefore have no income. is this a reason to get a lower fine as well? any input will help thansk

G

·
0 Posts
AustinAltezza said:
got a speeding ticket for 105mph at a 65mph. i really didnt mean to speed but the road was an steep decline. it was my fault for not being cautious but it was too easy to go over the speed limit because of the downhill freeway. in addition to that there are no signs to slow down drivers. is this a valid excuse to lower a ticket? wat else can i do to reduce the fine. i just got out of college so i have no job yet and therefore have no income. is this a reason to get a lower fine as well? any input will help thansk
probably not considering that you were going 105 in a 65 zone (regardless of the fact that you were doing downhill). you should probably get a lawyer.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yea your in the same boat as i am in. i got caught at 100 in a 55, theres nothing you can really do expect try to fit it with a lawyer maybe and pray the cop doesnt show up. Consider yourself lucky because he could have taken you license and you car for that, any triple digit speed can get you in that kind of trouble.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get a lawyer for a speeding ticket? isnt that kinda overkill?? someone give me an alternative please, i dont wanna end up paying for a lawyer...

·
Registered
176 Posts
not much you can do when you get caught going almost twice the speed limit. the best you can hope for is that the officer does not show up if you try to fight the ticket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, definitely don't try to use any excuses.. that will just piss them off more. Yes, consider yourself lucky because things could have been worse. Where did you get the ticket? Is it a big city, or a small town? What did you do when you were pulled over?

There's not much you'll be able to do to fight it. A lawyer may or may not be a good idea. I don't know how much tickets are in the state you were pulled over in. Try to find that out. My guess is a speed like that could easily run you $500+. If you're lucky and the cop is nice, you could attempt to plea bargain. That's worked nicely for me in the past, although I've never been pulled over going that fast. Good luck..

·
Registered
110 Posts
You better come up with some kind of life threatening excuse for why you were going over 100mph!

My first car was an Iroc-Z w/ a 350 engine. Once got a ticket for 90 in a 40. Wasn't caught on rader but had the cop hauling ass to catch me and I guess he figured I had to be going at least 90 (I probably was). I went to court, said that I had gotten into a fight earlier in the day and thought it was the guys I had fought with that were behind me and that I was just trying to get home. Said that I sped up a little, the person behind me sped up and before I knew it I was being pulled over for going 90mph. Judge lowered it to the equivalent of going 50 in a 40, paying court fee's and no points :lol:

Glad that turned out the way it did, the cop showed up in court and I was his only case of the day. He walked me out of the court room and said Merry Christmas in June 8)

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
My bro got caught mt Georgia State Patrol doing 104 in a 65... went to court and talked to the officer before the case came up... He basically just made friends with him.

When the case was up before the judge, the officer said "he wasn't sure that he got the right guy" and let my bro off scott free.

Of course, then 2 weeks later my brother's car got stolne... we still don't have it back.

Karma works in mysterious ways.

·
Registered
975 Posts
AustinAltezza said:
I think this may apply towards you:

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13352493

·
Registered
110 Posts
didn't dgsg already post that? :roll:

Peter_Klim said:
AustinAltezza said:
I think this may apply towards you:

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13352493

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
AustinAltezza said:
get a lawyer for a speeding ticket? isnt that kinda overkill?? someone give me an alternative please, i dont wanna end up paying for a lawyer...
Get a traffic lawyer.. My friend does it everytime. All you do is pay the Lawyer 200 bucks.. And he takes care of everything. You dont get any point or anything on your record. You will probably be paying more then 200 plus ur time in traffic school. get the lawyer..

Thomas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts