Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Jade Mica IS 300 today at 11 AM and am in love all over again. From the handling, stereo, Home Link for the garage door openers and the fit and finish I love it.
The 17 inch wheels and Potenzas make it track like it is on a rail. Lots of good windy roads here in CT for sport driving, not flat and bornig.
Got to think up a place to go this evening to see the headlights work as the board says they are fantastic.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by old dude:
Picked up my Jade Mica IS 300 today at 11 AM and am in love all over again. From the handling, stereo, Home Link for the garage door openers and the fit and finish I love it.
The 17 inch wheels and Potenzas make it track like it is on a rail. Lots of good windy roads here in CT for sport driving, not flat and bornig.
Got to think up a place to go this evening to see the headlights work as the board says they are fantastic.
Congratulations you old fart!
The car is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
WOW old dude!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! What can I say....

------------------
'01 Audi 225TTCQ - That'll do TT, ...that'll do.

·
Registered
816 Posts
old dude: Congratulations!

But first, I recommend you check the tire pressures of all four tires. When I got my IS, I discovered that Longo Lexus had underinflated tires to deliver a cushy (read: sloppy) ride to appease the traditional Lexus buyer.

The normal recommended tire pressure is 33 psi all around. I'm actually running 42F/39R right now, and the reactions are so much sharper than stock (I'm still experimenting with pressure to find the best overall grip. 55psi = no grip, BTW)

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey, congrats, i know the feeling. May it last a life time. Just washed and waxed my baby, and she's ready to roll. If you really want to break her in get a hold of your wife or girlfriend or both and use the front and back seat.

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Congrats,

I think you and I are some of the few owners with the IJM. I've always liked that color and it looks good w/the ivory interior. Very understated, executive, classy. I like all the colors of the IS, but IJM just does it for me.

01 IJM w/LSD, 5Zigen exhaust, 5Zigen wheels, Toyo Proxes, TRD race sway bars, TRD adj. shocks, Blitz drop-in filter, springs soon.

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by DtEW:
old dude: Congratulations!

But first, I recommend you check the tire pressures of all four tires.
The normal recommended tire pressure is 33 psi all around.
Congrats! I second the recommendation for a tire pressure check!

------------------
'01 SBM, Black Leather - LSD - 17" Graphite Wheels - Loaded (minus moon roof)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congratulations! You'll love it!

------------------
THE is300.net token fag
"golf ball dimple counter"
Black/Black

·
Registered
354 Posts
Congratulations! I also recommend checking the tire pressure. However, "pushing" the pressure much beyond the factory specs (33 psi all around) will only make your tires wear even faster than usual...and, believe me, these tires are going to wear quickly, as Lexus warns in the fine-print. On low-profile tires, a pound or two makes a big difference!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Originally posted by civic Si-r:
Hey, congrats, i know the feeling. May it last a life time. Just washed and waxed my baby, and she's ready to roll. If you really want to break her in get a hold of your wife or girlfriend or both and use the front and back seat.

Hey Mike how's it goin'? Haven't seen ya around lately...you still got the frames? I finally got a yellow IS model, and i think i might sell it because i'm getting a blue one. Want it?

Derek

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
11 Participants
TRDRAV4
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing