Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my springs (Hotchkis) and lowered my car. They are awesome! I should have done this a while ago.....they are a must on all cars! I love the ride as well as the look. My car handles significantly better too.

Toyomoto did the install and did an awesome job!!!!

Cars need 3 things- Tint, rims and springs!!!!

My artistic approach!!!!

More art attempts!!!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
LOL you need to invest in a tripod. But it looks good. Much better than before. The springs will settle as time goes by. When I had mine, it lowered almost 1.5 in the back as well.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That looks real nice.

·
Registered
916 Posts
a little blurry but looking nice! seeing everyone with their hotchkis just makes me want to drop mine asap...got em sitting in the garage waiting to be put on

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
yea looks good...
chris i wish mine would settle to 1.5 in the back...:( after like 10k on them there as stock looking as ever..

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
You don't have fender rubbing issues in hard turns?

B.

·
Registered
941 Posts
looks much better man :).

How's FL treatin ya?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
^^ Totally agree that the stock IS stance is like a damn 4*4 compared to most newer cars coming out. All IS's should have been sold as Ltunes, the sways, springs and shocks standerd with maybe letting the rims and body kit be an option. That would have not costed much more at all and would have made the IS get much better reviews for being both smooth soft and yet sporty. Oh well, now they've got the new ones...

B.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Steve's02IS300 said:
Yeah.. That was my next question. I have a little rubbing (only on tight turns) on my 225/45/17 Potenza RE070s.
Running aftermarket sways? If not those will help decrease the amount of depression on your outer suspension in the turns.

Also check your shocks too, I never had a rubbing issue with my Flex until the front right shock blew, then it still wouldn't rub, but would bottom much more easily causing rubbing if I hit a bump on the front right side making a semi hard turn.

B.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts