Lexus IS Forum banner

I drove them all..and got the Lexus IS 350

2K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  bartkat 
#1 ·
I drove the Mercedes C300, Cadillac CTS, Audi A4, BMW 330i, Volvo S60 and the infiniti G37. I picked the lexus IS 350 because of the interior and smooth performance of the car. The dealer was also the most willing to deal with me. Downside is the steering is a bit stiff and the car is a bit loud (engine and road noise)...but overall I am happy.

#2 ·
Congrats on your purchase! And welcome to the site.

The car and the engine is loud? I guess compared to what? I actually think its pretty tame.

#4 ·
Good show, enjoy the car. I actually thought the car was quite quiet, but as Meteoro says, depends on what you're comparing it to.

I tested some of the same cars as you and came to the same conclusion. I happened to get a car with a lot of issues, but I think I'll be replacing it and instead of looking to the competition, I think I'm going to get another one.

#13 ·
Congrats on your purchase!

...Welcome!

And +rep for buying such a awesome car!

#16 ·
Welcome.

Good buy.

Good bye.

#26 · (Edited)
Thanks

I feel its powerful enough for me. I am not much of a speeder but I just cant resist
110-mph on a florida barren late nite highway... very very tempting
( Beltronics STi Radar detector comes in handy)

By the way my 2nd choice was the new Mercedes C300 sport, it had remarkable handling and balance, but the interior was a disappointment.

I did drive the BMW 335i Coupe, once again german handling is killer but the turbo just didn't do it for me I think the car is hyped up a bit and a little overpriced. I found the BMW dealer here to be a bunch of wackoffs anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.