Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the Mercedes C300, Cadillac CTS, Audi A4, BMW 330i, Volvo S60 and the infiniti G37. I picked the lexus IS 350 because of the interior and smooth performance of the car. The dealer was also the most willing to deal with me. Downside is the steering is a bit stiff and the car is a bit loud (engine and road noise)...but overall I am happy.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! And welcome to the site.

The car and the engine is loud? I guess compared to what? I actually think its pretty tame.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Good show, enjoy the car. I actually thought the car was quite quiet, but as Meteoro says, depends on what you're comparing it to.

I tested some of the same cars as you and came to the same conclusion. I happened to get a car with a lot of issues, but I think I'll be replacing it and instead of looking to the competition, I think I'm going to get another one.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
You test drove the BMW 330i and not the 335i? That would be a closer competitor to the IS350 and G37...

Also, any specific things you liked/disliked about each model?

·
Registered
11,025 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
They stiffened up the steering feel because people thought it was too soft. :)
Are you joking? Or did they really stiffen the steering for 2008?

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

...Welcome!

And +rep for buying such a awesome car!

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! And welcome to the site.

The car and the engine is loud? I guess compared to what? I actually think its pretty tame.
I think he's referring to the engine at idle, it's a bit louder than most non direct dual fuel injection systems. For instance I didn't even notice my ES300 was turned on at idle. But the subtle noise is worth the price of acceleration IMO! :)

Again, congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Welcome.

Good buy.

Good bye.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think he's referring to the engine at idle, it's a bit louder than most non direct dual fuel injection systems. For instance I didn't even notice my ES300 was turned on at idle. But the subtle noise is worth the price of acceleration IMO! :)

Again, congrats on the purchase!
I noticed this same exact thing on my car....seems to idle a bit loud.... I noticed it most when driving up to an ATM at the bank lines or picking up meds from the drive thru at a drug store where the car is up by a wall. You can really hear the engine noise when the window is rolled down while you make your transactions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good show, enjoy the car. I actually thought the car was quite quiet, but as Meteoro says, depends on what you're comparing it to.

I tested some of the same cars as you and came to the same conclusion. I happened to get a car with a lot of issues, but I think I'll be replacing it and instead of looking to the competition, I think I'm going to get another one.
What kind of issues did you have? I am already taking mine to the dealer for an issue..bummer..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts