Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from a friend who knows that i am getting an is300 his cousin is head of distribution of lexus (east coast.) We drove to the fenced in docks with hundreds of is300's we got to drive in a dealer demo it was everything that i expected. good exceleration (not fast but similar to BMW) very high reving of engine the e-shift was not that good you couldn't get into 1st but it is really for driving not accelerating i wasn't really cornering hard but i didn't notice any understeer. the one i drove had everything but graphite wheels it was black the instraments look great when lit up. its a solid car but certainly not and M3 or S4 i don't know how it will do against the 330 bmw but it rocks the current A4 and 328.and for 35 grand it is the full package.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to check out the tires. i also didn't notice the power button that lexus usually have. and the sterio was pretty good we tuned in to a local radi station and blasted some music no ratling or loose vibrating

·
Registered
226 Posts
I hope i dont get the ar you drove in...hehe i bet you had some fun in it. HOw did the LCD display light up, where all the gear indicators are?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry teg i didn't bring camra i try to getdown there again but i need a pass to get through the security gate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was also lucky enough to drive an IS this morning. I was truly impressed. Very solid quick car. Does not feel like a Lexus. In this case that is a good thing.

[From TEG: Hey LexTek - are you a Lexus technical support person like daverav4?
Can I asked you some IS300 technical questions?]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
How noise/quiet is the car what you drove it in high speed? I really concern the noise level inside the car. Is is300 as quite as other lexus??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:

I was also lucky enough to drive an IS this morning. I was truly impressed. Very solid quick car. Does not feel like a Lexus. In this case that is a good thing.

[From TEG: Hey LexTek - are you a Lexus technical support person like daverav4?
Can I asked you some IS300 technical questions?]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 06, 2000).]
I work at a Lexus dealership as a tech.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by Kel:
How noise/quiet is the car what you drove it in high speed? I really concern the noise level inside the car. Is is300 as quite as other lexus??
Drive time was limited, but it seem quiet.
As for high speeds. It was raining.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was at the Chicago IS300 Preformance Tour last Friday. The car is is very quiet at high speed. The only time I noticed any noise was tire squeal in the 85mph slalom on the back straight of the speedway and the 80mph run thru turn 3 and 4 of the high banked oval. The pro driver indicated that the squeal is understeer designed into the car.(a good thing for most novice drivers) He backed of the steering wheel and let the car drift to the wall at 90mph and the squeal went away. Then up to 110mph and heavy braking down the front straight. The squeal was back, but we stoped in a hurry. Wow! What a ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The IS300 is a lot more predictable and civilized in my opinion, than the German makes.."user friendly" comes to mind.

As for noise, much quieter than the BMW or Audi, and a lot more enjoyable to drive.
( needs a center armrest, though)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
ISBlain, those are strong words and I hope you are right. If they can provide just 3/4 the ride solidity that Mercedes, BMW and Audi offer I will be happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts