Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will i be able to run 17x8+25 in the front without any spacers? and what tires should i run?? i was thinkin like 225/40/17 and on the rear i was thinking about 18x9 +35....would i be able to run that without spacers also? and maybe 265/35/18?

let me know guys. i really need help on this..

thanks.

btw these wheels are 5zigen fn01r-c in bronzes and i am already dropped on eibach sportline & tokico blues

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Im no expert on 17's or 19's but i know what fits with 18's as i have had my fair share of wheels.

a 18x8+25 will fit aggressive and will need a 215 most likely a 205/40 the rear having a 18x9 will need fenders rolled and a 265 on a 9" wheel is about max of what you want on a 9" and will not work with a 35mm offset as its pushed too far out form the hub.

As for 17"s in that size? i still say no. But may be wrong.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
You will rub in the front and rear without fender modification. Have you checked out the wheel fitment thread. Very helpful.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well.. the wheels im picking up are just only 2 wheels.. they're both 17x8+25. and and i still need to buy the rear and the rear i was thinking about going 18x9 but im not sure what offset i want to go with the rear. i was kinda thinking a higher offset maybe?? 35 was just a number i threw out there.. and i ready rolled my rear.. but not my front yet.... and for tire size what should i do in the front? 215/40 or 205/40?

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts
Im running 235/40 on 18x9 +35 and I rub. I need to roll my inner fender lip, to succeed in no rub.

Peeps who are running 245/35, probably have there inner fenders rolled ;)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
a 225/40 on a 9 in the rear with a +35 is perfect fitment with a folled fender. I would put a 5mm spacer on the wheel to bring it to a +30 and it would be perfect.

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
Im no expert on 17's or 19's but i know what fits with 18's as i have had my fair share of wheels.

a 18x8+25 will fit aggressive and will need a 215 most likely a 205/40 the rear having a 18x9 will need fenders rolled and a 265 on a 9" wheel is about max of what you want on a 9" and will not work with a 35mm offset as its pushed too far out form the hub.

As for 17"s in that size? i still say no. But may be wrong.
17x8 +25 will be exactly the same as 18x8 +25 or 19x8 +25 in terms of the outter and inner face of the rims. Where the rim sits is independent of the diameter of the rim.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Yet if your looking at overall fitment on the car it is much different then throwing a 19x9 +25 on the front of the car. When you max your wheel in diameter you limit your ability to camber to fit.

With that same action you would be able to work more on a 17" tire because camber and tire will aid in fitment so it will not be exact to what a 18" setup would be. So unless i know from personal experience i cant put my word behind it.

Correct me if im wrong?

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
Yet if your looking at overall fitment on the car it is much different then throwing a 19x9 +25 on the front of the car. When you max your wheel in diameter you limit your ability to camber to fit.

With that same action you would be able to work more on a 17" tire because camber and tire will aid in fitment so it will not be exact to what a 18" setup would be. So unless i know from personal experience i cant put my word behind it.

Correct me if im wrong?
Hahaha. I was waiting for you to say that. We're both right. The inner face and outter face of the rim are the same regardless of wheel diameter. However, with a smaller (in terms of diameter) rim, you can "cheat" more by using a skinnier tire and stretch it. However, if you hit a bump hard enough and the compression goes beyond the tucked side wall of the stretched tire, you're shit out of luck as now your rim is hitting the fender, depending on how poked you rim is.

·
Premium Member
23,141 Posts
so in all i guess imma run a 275/35/18 in the rear. i'll be doing that soon :) btw the wheels will be 5zigen fn01r-c bronze finish.

btw.. does anyone have any pic of 17s in the front and 18s in the rear? post those pics up!
ugh....I gotta sell my wheels. Too many people have these damn things.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
your taking a poking?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.