Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bitching: I was doing canyon running at night with my buddies at angeles crest last nite. I took one of the turns too hard and it was going downhill so i was fishtailing. I ended up hitting the railing. Im so devestated. Damn thats the last time i try to impress my girl with some crazy drivin that i cant even handle. :whine:

·
11,061 Posts
Chalk up one lesson learned.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
yes hope you learned your lesson. when i go canyon running i leave the TRAC button on. if i turn it off i drive less agressive because i know im NOT a PROFESSIONAL DRIVER.

·
8,880 Posts
Welcome to the club.
It'll all be better once everything is fixed.

Why did you fishtail? Were you in lower gear using e-shift? I made that mistake once when I had e-shift. It did teach me, though, saving me on a different occasion because I knew exactly what to do.

·
8,880 Posts
AustinAltezza said:
yes hope you learned your lesson. when i go canyon running i leave the TRAC button on. if i turn it off i drive less agressive because i know im NOT a PROFESSIONAL DRIVER.
Trac won't do much for you if you go into a skid on a high speed. You can make the rear end come loose even with trac off. It is only designed to decrease acceleration when the wheel spin is detected, which would be nearly impossible above 20MPH on dry surface, unless done on purpose. VSC is what would actually help in such situation, however, laws of phisics can not be bent.
I hope you learned that lesson too.

BTW, Trac off is normally used for more agressive driving, not the other way around.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
He probably panicked when he realized the fact he was going too fast for the corner, lifted the throttle and fishtailed.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
uberchuckie said:
He probably panicked when he realized the fact he was going too fast for the corner, lifted the throttle and fishtailed.
Most likely. You brake in a sharp turn, you lose your rear end:p

He should have just kept the gas pedal constant or let off a lil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts