Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else had the problem, I have taken off the Injen intake and only have the Greddy EVO. From 1st shifting into 2nd, it stops at like 4500 rpm and back fires a lot really quickly, then i have to let off the gas some and then it will finally shift. WTF?????? :-?

G

·
dexyellowis300 said:
Has anybody else had the problem, I have taken off the Injen intake and only have the Greddy EVO. From 1st shifting into 2nd, it stops at like 4500 rpm and back fires a lot really quickly, then i have to let off the gas some and then it will finally shift. WTF?????? :-?
maybe its in safe mode?

· Registered
981 Posts
Yes, right now it is in safe mode.. take it to your local lexus dealership, tell them to hook up the diagnostic computer to your car (which will plug in above your pedals), it must be a bad setting with your air flow sensor, so it will show that on the computer, they will delete it, ...back to normal.

Did you touch your battery at all, unplug it and plug, and cause something to spark?

8,852 Posts
dexyellowis300 said:
Nope, I havent done anything. Do I need to reset my ECU by disconnecting the battery?
That would be a good start.

· Not Officially Back
12,292 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
Yes, right now it is in safe mode.. take it to your local lexus dealership, tell them to hook up the diagnostic computer to your car (which will plug in above your pedals), it must be a bad setting with your air flow sensor, so it will show that on the computer, they will delete it, ...back to normal.

Did you touch your battery at all, unplug it and plug, and cause something to spark?
You can also clear OBDII codes and safe mode by simply resetting your ECU... disconnect the negative terminal to the battery then reconnect after a few seconds... if the problem is still present after resetting then you should take it to the dealer.

If the problem was caused by a mod that has since been removed or fixed, then the code shouldn't come back and you can save a trip to the dealer.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aight..I disconnected my battery for about 15 min. And so far it has been great(knock on wood)!! But I have bad low-end power, but I guess that might be because my Greddy EVO?? Also know when I hit about 4k rpm it rockets off nicely know!! :crazy:

· Not Officially Back
12,292 Posts
dexyellowis300 said:
Aight..I disconnected my battery for about 15 min. And so far it has been great(knock on wood)!! But I have bad low-end power, but I guess that might be because my Greddy EVO?? Also know when I hit about 4k rpm it rockets off nicely know!! :crazy:
It might also be because our cars have mediocre low end power in the first place... once they get up to 4k they do gain a lot of power...

Also, you just reset your engine ecu so it's relearning your driving style. It might take up to 500 miles to be back up to speed... make sure you drive it hard until you run around 500 miles through her so it learns a hard and fast style.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
bring it to lexus

definitely bring to it to lexus dealer before somethin worse happens.
might be a tranny problem maybe not, but safest thing to do and first thing to do when you have a problem with your car is bring it to lexus to get it fix before a bigger problem occurs from ignorance. hopefully you get it fix soon :D

gl and get that babe runnin to full potential soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.