Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of researching and researching, I have yet to find one good looking body kit for the IS300. I have found a few that I like, but they are built to the Japanese Spec Altezza Model, which requires removal of the crash bar. Just about all of the kits that fit the US Spec, either are HARDLY noticeable or do not blend in smoothly. I am not looking for an extreme kit or anything that looks like it will eat you, but I just want something decent. I can name just about everything wrong with every kit lookswise, but only IMO. The only one that I have found is the L-tuned kit, but thats my last resort. After an anticipating wait for the veilside kit, I soon found out that the kits looks like sh!t. These are just my opinions, and I am hoping that a kit is in the works for the car, since a few kits have come out recently.

·
Registered
770 Posts
the crash bar isn't really a big deal at all

the bigest reason don't take it off for because some insurance compaines won't cover it if they get into an accident......but u don't have to tell that u have it off...just don't crash :wink:

·
Registered
290 Posts
couldnt agree more with lsportline rear... looks awsome and adds alot of style...and RMM dront is beautiful....sides u can go with any D-speed sides are sick as hell...RMM and Lsportline are also both sweet

·
Registered
831 Posts
I am thinking about mixing and matching Vizage and L-Sportline I have to see about it :). I would go with vizage II skirts, and L-sportline front lip and rear apron. I think it would look pretty good I have to go over some pics :D

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
I think that the L Sportline kit is just a waste of money. It's such a subtle change that no one will notice unless they are IS enthuasiasts as well (as above stated). Get yourself a nice hippo sleek front or L-Tuned. :p

·
Registered
770 Posts
u cant go wrong with vizage rear and wald sides and then whatever front u want
hey bro whats up

the new sides look good man

Also ...how do u like your hood....i'm thinking of picking one up soon?

u have any other pics of it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
WhiteLex said:
u cant go wrong with vizage rear and wald sides and then whatever front u want
hey bro whats up

the new sides look good man

Also ...how do u like your hood....i'm thinking of picking one up soon?

u have any other pics of it?

Thanks
I like my hood a lot...fits pretty good..one side is juss a lil higher then the other but u can modify it to fit perfect i juss was to lazy to get it done.ha
heres a pic of it with my old rims and sides

·
Registered
770 Posts
visage IS said:
I like my hood a lot...fits pretty good..one side is juss a lil higher then the other but u can modify it to fit perfect i juss was to lazy to get it done.ha
heres a pic of it with my old rims and sides

Thanks for the info..and the pic bro..i appreciate

it does look real good! i think i'm going to get it now[/quote]

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
T Man said:
I think that the L Sportline kit is just a waste of money. It's such a subtle change that no one will notice unless they are IS enthuasiasts as well (as above stated). Get yourself a nice hippo sleek front or L-Tuned. :p
I also think the same about the L sportline kit. I would go with a hippo sleek front, but I have to remove the crash bar! :-?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts