Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I have heard other car owners have had issues with those type.

I would look into a REAL HKS EARTH GROUND kit, they are purple and a little more heavy duty :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
my kit...

i think your better off with the Teck 12V grounding kit. www.teckkits.com i think i paid $82.xx something with shipping, and it ran damn strong for a grounding kit. That one just doesnt seem right...the Teck has tags on it so u kno where each one goes, absolutely fool-proof...i'd recommend it to anyone looking for one.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
yea agree, I would go with teck ground kit, you will know it was made to fit your car... good 8x.xx bucks spent....

·
8,827 Posts
I got one of the generic kits as a present (I hinted I wanted one :wink: ). It is very well made.
The installation priority of it is very low, so it will have to wait until it has warmed up outside and I have a few hours of free time. I am willing to give it a try because while messing with a load of electronics I have in my car, I have found I had to have a certain grounding pattern to avoid interference.

For people that want an easy installation, I would recommend Teck kit because it is made for the IS300 and has detailed instructions.

For those that like to experiment and know what they are doing, generic kit should work well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.