Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup people, i need to know where i can get tha part that goes underneath tha hood, that plate with tha hook to hold on to pole, to hold tha hood up. I got pics, but i dont know how to put em on here (need help with that too). But i dont wanna go to tha dealership cause i know theyll charge a grip. I broke tha hook :( , so sad. Right now tha pole is being held on by speaker wire, it really doesnt look good :pissed: . Sooooo, if anybody knows where to get one, or somebody happens to have one on hand, itll be much appreciated. Thanks people.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
I believe tha'ts a dealer item only. I had mine replaced 2 years ago under warranty.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sears broke my hood prop hook yesterday. Called the closest Lexus dealer to me a few minutes ago which is 45 miles away, talked to the parts service guy, said he has to order the piece and he's shipping it to me via UPS for free. I asked if i was supposed to pay for this C.O.D or Pay by Phone (Even had my credit card in hand) and he said "nah, it's just a small piece, we'll take care of it, don't worry about it."

That's some good shit there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts