Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all of my waiting and confusion I went to the dealer today and bought a Yellow Lexus IS300. I should have it in two weeks. I'm psyched! The reason I got this over the 2001 M3 that I had ordered (number 1 on dealer list)is that I am tired of waiting over a year already for it...and now I'm told it will be in in about another 5 more months. I need a car now and I want something that I can have fun tuning. And after speaking to Craig Paisley my IS will be about 400hp by the time racing season starts back up here...I'll keep people posted on the build up!

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
703 Posts
sup accord... so how much did u get your is300 for?...so your a racer rite... i be racing too.. my race car on the side is a crx hittin low 12s...hopping to hit high 10's soon...

·
2,909 Posts
I'm very happy for you, I know how thrilled you must be, enjoy and be safe.

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl

·
Registered
449 Posts
Finally another solar yellow, Here i thought i was the only one. Did you get the LSD and the graphite polished rims?

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Where were you talking to "Craig Paisley"? Is he an Australian that has done alot of rotary engine tuning?

Maybe you need to re-register with a new username (like ScreamingYellow) rather than that "Accord-R" which is going to get some funny looks in the owners forum.

Please lets us know (in the performance mods forum) what you end up doing with your IS300...

That must have been a real hard choice to give up on the M3! Did you sell/give your #1 spot to someone in need, or did you just let the dealer have it back?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
the new m3's aftermarket is goin to suck. that engine is already new maximum performance, which is great fort he average buyer but for an enthusiast it leaves you with just about no options. i have to say 105bhp per liter is AWESOME but yeah.....it screws with the aftermarket. turbos are going to be harder to do also

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Accord-R is my name on every other message board...so I kept so people who know me else where no me here
I got the car for 34,900.

Craig Paisley is in New York and he has one of the fastest Supra's in the country...he's the official Supra drag car of TRD. Oh my first modification is the Level 10 transmission which goes in probably on January 10th. And that is the main reason why I got rid of the M3...you can't tune it...and tuning cars is my hobby...you can't beat a car that has a Supra engine (of course with out the turbos) and is lighter than the Supra.

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts