Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he had 2 girls with him in the car too... they were staring HARD... and even asked to sit in my IS.. hahhaaa well, basically, he jumped me on the light to where his rear bumper was even with my headlights.. as we accelerated, i kept on pulling on him till i was side by side, and then by about 100, my rear bumper was at his headlights, and i kept pulling away. i pulled at least 2 full carlengths on him... when we talked, he was like, i dont understand it, i've read all the comparisons, thats why i bought the 330(sedan).... and he was like.. wtf, mannnn ur car is fast.. thats when the girls asked to sit my car...
but right as they asked, he said they had to go.. im a happy camper...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for performance: SRT HFI, HKS Hiper, Tein HA

when we first went at it.. i had it in e-shift, but as soon as we started, i put it in automatic mode so that the chance of error was minimalized. felt good... felt REAL good!

·
Registered
126 Posts
not to put you down or anything, there is no way that an IS with simple bolt ons is gonna beat a 330 5-speed. i belive you beat it but that guy has to be the worst driver i have ever heard of cuz the 330 5-speed is a mid 14 second car.

·
8,107 Posts
That's ridiculous, sure, professional and skilled drivers can get the posted times on a stick shift, but Joe Blow w/ 2 girls in the car? I don't think so. Driver skill is worth way more than HP. Automatics are much easier to get the posted 0-60 times too.

Originally posted by SlammedBlackIS:
not to put you down or anything, there is no way that an IS with simple bolt ons is gonna beat a 330 5-speed. i belive you beat it but that guy has to be the worst driver i have ever heard of cuz the 330 5-speed is a mid 14 second car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Tical, there's always one in the crowd that can never just say "nice job". Always have to have some sort or criticism. Of course the 330 is faster, but when you have close to 250 HP in the car, and only the driver, it's a much closer race... Nice job Dan, would have loved to see his face....

·
Registered
759 Posts
I haven't yet seen a 330 that can run mid-14's but doesn't mean there isn't. I'd just like to say that the fastest I've seen a 330 run was a 14.8et. I don't know how much those girls would have effected his car but I bet it would have changed the whole senerio. But congrats!

·
11,062 Posts
Nice job. Either you are the better driver or his car needs a tune up...or both.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i have owned both and YOU CAN NOT beat it. First of all, how do you know it was manual and not auto? Next, how many people were in your car compared to the 280+ extra weight in his? Lasty are you sure it was 330 and not debadged 323/325.. did you verify by the distinct front grill?

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Sweet kill keep it going... I race everyone ... LOL I lose alot but it always fun..
Oh by the way M5's will stomp our cars like it is their JOb.... word to the wise.. I raced one I was talkin to my car to try to get it to go faster.. lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
All it takes is one delayed shift...
a few weeks ago some guy in a m3 and I went at it All the mags claim the m3 (1998 because it didn't have the mesh bumper) should be faster than mine...all the way to 120 I was like 2 to 3 car lengths ahead the first time and about 1 ahead the second time to 130. Plus I was driving perfection this time too. e-shifted at 5k each time. Almost symbiotic with my GS that race. Hell I used to Drive a 1997 M3 (with almost 280 hp after mods) So I know what it is like to miss a shift or for some reason "think" right before you go to the next gear...It happens to the best of us.

Now just don't go picking fights with every 330ci you see...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Who said the 330Xi was slow? I could have sworn I read in Road & Track that showed the 330Xi running a 15.0 flat ET and it was the automatic. Same magazine quoted 15.3 ET for the IS 300 automatic which is the lowest I have ever seen.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Originally posted by LexusIS886:
Who said the 330Xi was slow? I could have sworn I read in Road & Track that showed the 330Xi running a 15.0 flat ET and it was the automatic. Same magazine quoted 15.3 ET for the IS 300 automatic which is the lowest I have ever seen.
The 330XI 5spd has a confirmed from Motor Trend 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds, which has many of us BMW owners as well as non-BMW oweners surprised. For some reason, we thought that the all wheel drive would slow it down, but apparantly not.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
28 Participants
MarkY
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing