Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 241 Posts

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the other day I was cleaning out the shop (Batlground) and I found a header. So I installed it onto my car and dyno'd it. Here is the before and after chart, the only other thing changed was an e-bay intake. I am seriously thinking of abandoning my turbo ideas to try to make 230whp n/a. At first we did not believe it either.

And we did not even bother cleaning off the mud.

· Registered
4,843 Posts
i want one.....

i too plan on staying na...

· Premium Member
4,501 Posts
Wow 34rwhp and 22rwtq gain with just a header change no tune??? Get a SRT intake on it and lets see what it does. Tis does look like the Team Lexus header that Das was working on dyno comparism against the rest.

could you please measure the diameter of the runners for me? both primary and secondary pipes. Also the length of the longest and shortest pipes. Thanks!

· Registered
2,132 Posts
hell ya na is the way to go!!! after my cams, ive completely changed my mind about boosting my car.

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is indeed a Team Lexus header... such an amazing piece. Kponti I will pm you those measurements once I take them... I will get an emanage ultimate or aem ems and then we will see what she really can do

· Registered
2,132 Posts
It is indeed a Team Lexus header... such an amazing piece. Kponti I will pm you those measurements once I take them... I will get an emanage ultimate or aem ems and then we will see what she really can do
you lucky bastard! how the hell did you get a hold of that header???

· Registered
4,843 Posts
as will i... i plan on spending way too much money on staying na....this header will help my quest for 350 na power. i may never reach that goal....i know...

· Registered
2,132 Posts
as will i... i plan on spending way too much money on staying na....this header will help my quest for 350 na power. i may never reach that goal....i know...
350....... you must be joking. that number is solid for a turbo is. the highest number ever seen around here na is 230..... so i would lower your expectations

· Registered
2,132 Posts

· Premium Member
12,222 Posts
Das used to dyno up there alot its probably his old header. I know when he put it on his car he lost over 40rwhp. He kept it on a few days for sound and then took it off he was going to mass produce them but never did. I dont think he ever figured out why it caused his car to lose so much power either. If i remember right when he called me he was only pulling 340'ish rwhp with the TL header and put his other header back on and jump right back to 400. I cant remember the exact numbers but it definitely wasnt good for s/c'd applications.

· Registered
4,843 Posts
350....... you must be joking. that number is solid for a turbo is. the highest number ever seen around here na is 230..... so i would lower your expectations
i know its never been done, but nobody's ever put enough money into it without, eventually going boost.. i don't want to boost, and i read a few posts about what it takes to rev to 10,000 rpm safely... i think that if i put the money into it, i can hit those numbers... but like i said, its money.....

· Registered
4,542 Posts
That is unbelievable. A copy would be awesome.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.