Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i left my window open all night and we had a really bad storm......the passenger side is soaked. Mostly the seat.

Any ideas?

:( :( :( :x :( :(

·
8,880 Posts
Let it dry. :roll:

Keep the windows open, provided there is no rain.
Remove some of the moisture with towels.
DO NOT use hairdryer. :lol:

·
8,880 Posts
newlex said:
do you think thta i need to take the seat apart?
I don't think that you do.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
did the same thing with my prelude, but left the sunroof open. seats were soaked. not much you can do. drive with towels in the seat. better that water soaks your seats and not the floorboards.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Try a wet/dry vac to remove most of the water. It will make it dry alot quicker if it's not completely soaked.

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
fuct said:
did the same thing with my prelude, but left the sunroof open. seats were soaked. not much you can do. drive with towels in the seat. better that water soaks your seats and not the floorboards.
:lol: I did the same thing in my Gen-V Prelude!

My girlfriend's IS got about 2 inches of water in it durring a flood and I had to rip out the entire interior and dry it. If water did get in the carpet you cannot get it out with a wet/dry vac :shame: the padding under it holds moisture and will mildew and smell like shit. It takes about 5 min to take out the seat, trimming, and carpet I suggest you do so and replace the padding.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
sorry to hear that.. but how can you let your windows open when the weather is like that?!

·
Registered
159 Posts
After you remove as much water as possible, I would highly recommend leaving the doors open (if you can) and run a fan on high so it forces air through the car and moisture out. Place it on the driver's seat and aim it at the passenger seat. It will speed up the drying of everything....

My ex left the window to her Integra open...I took out the seat, wet vacced the hell out of it, then ran a fan on high all day long. Moving it every now and then to dry everything....it worked great.

If the foam under the carpets got soaked, I'd suggest removing and replacing the carpet. The reason being, that foam can be a harvest ground for mildew - therfore you will get that nasty humid-like smell if it remains wet...plus stuff will start to rust.

Best of luck...

·
Registered
167 Posts
dizayum ~ i'd locate a large body of water ~ open the winders and do yer best to submerge the entire car as best ya can ~ report her stolen and stizart over

just my opinion

1 - 20 of 21 Posts