Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am checking out the Aftermarket Scene for the IS300 before I buy mine. It already has a Catback & Intake on it. So I am looking for Headers & Midpipes. I know a few sites with Headers but I have yet to see any with Midpipes.

Moderator Note: The term "Midpipe" is ambiguous on the IS300, since we have 2 pipes in the "middle" of the exhaust. As such, the one in front, connected to the header, is called the Y-Pipe... and the one behind that, connected to the exhaust, is called the B-Pipe. It looks like this:

[Header] -> [Y-Pipe] -> [B-Pipe] -> [Exhaust]

Idiot ebay vendors who have no clue what they're selling tend to call them midpipes... but we don't use that term here. Midpipes go on turbo cars.

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
Its a Y-pipe or racepipe for the IS300 or even midpipe at any rate they are all pretty much the same except for the Xerd which is a little more raspy sounding. Other then that a y-pipe is a y-pipe.

If you do some searching on here its been proven that going with a header but keeping the stock y-pipe will give you more power on the low end if you want the power on the top end then swap it out

·
Registered
48 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
u should, how ever know that these y-pipes replace our stock y-pipe that has a Catalytic converter..
so i would be running without a cat right.. but then i got 2 from the header still...

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
I think you cannot go wrong with an aftermarket exhaust instead of stock one :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts