Lexus IS Forum banner

I am confused

569 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  HyperMKIV 
#1 ·
i am thinking of getting an intake recently but isee that u guys discuss a lot bout different brands of intakes. so i am wondering which one is the best to get without sacrificing any of the car's luxuries and comfort.
Also i would like to meet IS owners from the bay area too.
Thanks

#2 ·
When you choose any of the currently available intake units, you will get results in terms of increased hp and torque.

However, IMO there are costs involved one of which is increased engine noise. The engine bay gets louder as you apply throttle. Some of the refinement of the engine is lost at the expense of gaining power.

Most claim that the noise only occurs at higher throttle applications, but I disagree. Any firm throttle application creates a lot of noise.

Just something to think about.

#4 ·
if u get the SRT i want to see the install so i know what to look for when i get mine...

I am in San Jose

#6 ·
The answer lies in how each individual dealership views the intake mod. Some are strict and some supportive of aftermarket mods (some even install intakes). I can't speak to how your dealership views such mods.

My dealership does not frown upon aftermarket mods. In fact, I got my TRD race sway bars through them.

You have to realize that some of the intakes have ECU piggy-back units; primarily the SRT. This may be an issue w/some dealerships because it requires soldering onto the existing ECU wire.

Do a search of intakes on this board because most of these questions have been dealt with in depth in the past.

BTW I'm not against intakes. I think they do create a lot of usable power. I'm just not ready to take on the additional engine bay noise that intakes create.

#7 ·
risk is doing a good job of answering your questions...so i won't ruin his fun...

but i work in santa clara...and we can meet up one day. i'm pretty busy though...so if you want...you can email me at HyperMKIV@is300.net

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
98 ZX7-R lime green...Team Green BABY!!!

#8 ·
HYPER

LETS ALL MEET UP ONE DAY!!!

I know i dont have a is300 yet but i think i still fit in!!

#11 ·
just name it and i will try
just dont leave the forum!!

#12 ·
Originally posted by is300soon:
HYPER

LETS ALL MEET UP ONE DAY!!!

I know i dont have a is300 yet but i think i still fit in!!
it's been a while since we had a meet here in the bay area. i guess maybe i should try to make another meet soon. i've just been super busy. also, i'll be in oregon next week for over a week, then i have to go to LA on the weekend of april 7th for Oh-Dawg's wedding. so it will have to be after that...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
98 ZX7-R lime green...Team Green BABY!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.