Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not yet peurchased the is300 but i have been researching it for a little while and so far i am happy with what i have seen, but no one talks about how much rwhp the is300 starts with and also how much will it have after the headers, intake and exhaust. Also is there a 6 speed trans out there that would fit. and last how much have you all paid for those upgrades. Thanks for the info ahead of time, i am excited to be on this forum it seems like the best one yet

·
8,849 Posts
Take notes:

Proper grammar is your friend.
Search is your next best friend.
Browse is your third best friend.

·
Registered
565 Posts
it starts with 215 horsepower and a top speed of 143....and i think it all depends on what products you purchase to increase the horsepower....they all vary

·
11,054 Posts
So...you are a noob...

Got any other problems? :chill:

Welcome anyway! You won't be a noob for long! 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so thank you for the welcome i am excited to get my new car, i wanted to know if there is any difference in the 01 models and 03 models.

Sheila hows the weather up there i was there this weekend and it was pouring and freezing

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
newtolex said:
ok so thank you for the welcome i am excited to get my new car, i wanted to know if there is any difference in the 01 models and 03 models.

Sheila hows the weather up there i was there this weekend and it was pouring and freezing
01' doesn't have armrest, a really gay cup holder, squeaky moonroof and seatbelt. that's what I dont like 01' about.. but you can get them upgraded. everything else, it's all the same. :wink: correct me if I anything is wrong or missed.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
newtolex said:
I have not yet peurchased the is300 but i have been researching it for a little while and so far i am happy with what i have seen, but no one talks about how much rwhp the is300 starts with and also how much will it have after the headers, intake and exhaust. Also is there a 6 speed trans out there that would fit. and last how much have you all paid for those upgrades. Thanks for the info ahead of time, i am excited to be on this forum it seems like the best one yet
use the search.

but I'll be a nice guy and anwser a few questions:

baseline:
AUTO- about 168-174 rwhp
MANUAL- about 170-182 rwhp

I/H/E
AUTO: 175-195 depending on which (ususally best results with SRT intake HKS HIper and Toyomoto or xerd header)
MANUAL: 180-200 rwhp (ditto)

here's a recent thread regarding your questions:
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13370627

prices:
SRT: around 600 with R-ECU
Hiper: about 500? I think...

look in the .NEt store for more accurate pricing, I bought most of my stuff used so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks chaos, i knowi need to search but sometimes it is just easier to ask, i appreciate the info

thank you

·
11,054 Posts
newtolex said:

Actually, sunshine and in the 40s today. Lotsa rain coming though...

I guess the rain will be this weekend because we are having several days of sunshine now...very weird for December.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
welcome my friend... :chill:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.