Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you running headers/stock y-pipe/cat-back hyper medallion?...I'm thinking of buying a header but dont want my car sounding loud...Just want feedback from those of you who have this set up...Is it really loud?..Is there more drone?...Do you like this set up?...

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
You are inquiring about Tanabe.. right??

Well either way, its going be MUCH louder...
You can listen to my exhaust a few threads below this..

I am running the Tanabe Hyper Medallion Cat Back with stock headers and stock Y-pipe... I have NO plans to add more to my exhaust.

I am very happy with my set up..

Joe Z

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Kingu 808 said:
Are any of you running headers/stock y-pipe/cat-back hyper medallion?...I'm thinking of buying a header but dont want my car sounding loud...Just want feedback from those of you who have this set up...Is it really loud?..Is there more drone?...Do you like this set up?...
wow..i was just about to post something like this..i know the setup is going to be louder...but i would like to know how much louder too...

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I had toyomoto header--->racepipe--->2.5inch skunk2 axel back and you could hear me from several blocks.
My parents always knew when I was getting home before I even entered my guard gate.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
This is a good question. I have an HKS Ti-Limited, which is a similar design. I always thought that the ypipe held most of the noise down. I am planning to add a header and keep my stock Y. Plus that should let me keep some low end.

I hope someone can come through with a definite answer.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
from what i heard before...headers make it sound loud..because i have the hyper medalion, im hoping that adding headers will not destroy the nice deep sound of hyper...

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
lol i guess we just have to wait and see who is willing to be the first to try it with the hyper...

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
I fully plan on doing it with my TiLimited. I could be telling you next week if my seller hadn't given me the shaft for a local buyer. I'll post if I ever get it done.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Elite_IS3 said:
it will be loud of course...your removing cats. your stock parts are designed to be quiet.
I have no doubt that it will be loud if you are running header and race pipe...I want to know if it will be loud if I keep one cat(stock y-pipe)...If anyone has this set up I really want to know what you think...thanks...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pinoyballah said:
from what i heard before...headers make it sound loud..because i have the hyper medalion, im hoping that adding headers will not destroy the nice deep sound of hyper...
Ditto....

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Joe Z said:
You are inquiring about Tanabe.. right??

Well either way, its going be MUCH louder...
You can listen to my exhaust a few threads below this..

I am running the Tanabe Hyper Medallion Cat Back with stock headers and stock Y-pipe... I have NO plans to add more to my exhaust.

I am very happy with my set up..

Joe Z
I feel the same way but i am looking to gain more power without attracting too much attention...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anybody got this set up?...Or is it that this setup hasn't been tried yet...hmmmm...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I can tell you how a header+stock y+axel back sounds....not so loud where cops will actually try to stop you....it's actually pretty quiet at low rpms...But with the resonator out of the way....you will be experiencing something louder than mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts