Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me my fellow is300 drivers, I'm a complete newbie to the whole aftermarket/accessory business. I am interested in installing low-rider type hydraulics on my car (nothing fancy, just front/back, 2 or 4 switches), but I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea given that the is300 already has such good suspension, I dont want to mess it up. Also, where should i go to install it?

Thanks, I appreciate any help

:)

·
Registered
632 Posts
terigand9000 said:
Forgive me my fellow is300 drivers, I'm a complete newbie to the whole aftermarket/accessory business. I am interested in installing low-rider type hydraulics on my car (nothing fancy, just front/back, 2 or 4 switches), but I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea given that the is300 already has such good suspension, I dont want to mess it up. Also, where should i go to install it?

I dont think your going to improve the IS's suspension by installing hydraulics. Infact your probally gonna make it worse.

By the way, where do you plan on purchasing your spreewell rims?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
GSTis300 said:
terigand9000 said:

I dont think your going to improve the IS's suspension by installing hydraulics. Infact your probally gonna make it worse.

By the way, where do you plan on purchasing your spreewell rims?
Don't you mean Daytons? :lol:

·
Registered
904 Posts
i thought hydraluic suspension, as in where it bounces up and down, is no good on late model cars coz the chasis isnt designed to take that kind of stress. Only on the older american built cars?

·
Registered
290 Posts
wow if you put hydrualics on an IS ill go sell mine....got get urself a POS 70's american car and put your 20 inch chrome sprewell rims and your hydrolics...A lexus is not a el cameno buddy :pissed: :pissed: :shame: :shame:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
What you need is about a 1974 duece and a quarter and throw some airbags and 100 spokes rims on it. That would be so sick. :roll:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
- like I said before... the IS isnt 'meant' to be bagged... its "sporty"
- if you wanna bag something... bag something bigger and LUXURIOUS: gs, escalade, etc...
- check this link for some bagged lexus' the next page has a GS on there

http://www.lowbad.com/event_mic02car02.htm

·
Registered
435 Posts
hydro

you should get those hydros with 13'' daytons and full Gucci interior....
BIF PIMPIN' BABY! :crazy:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Not a good idea. My previous car had hydros. Although it was fun to 'hit switches and get the bitches', the maitenance on the car increased drastically. Hydraulic seals need to be changed about every 3 months. Accumulators need to be recharged with nitrogen about every 6-8 months. Batteries need to be charged, unls you get a street charger, then it'll charge off your battery. Then there are the unexpected... busting an oil line (never happened to me), pump going bad, solenoid giving up, etc... It is a headache that would be cool to have on an Impala weekend cruiser, but not on an IS. I won't even get into bending the unibody, but my car had 2 nice creases on either side of the sunroof. Also, I cracked a part of the front subframe (but the new owner didn't know that).

Don't go airbags either...They always say "Bags are for Fags"... When I had airbags, the problems were endless...

Don't do this, unlike a lot of the previous posts, I speak from experience, and don't ruin your car. Don't think you can put them in for a little bit and get rid of them either... the car will never be the same. Just give it a nice drop, and spend that extra money on some pimp ass 2 or 3 piece wheels.

·
Vendor
4,811 Posts
there was a place when this forum got kicked off that did hydros.

But with any unibody construction you are screwed. The 64 impals and the like have a ladder frame with a body attached to it. The real pros reinforce this ladder frame to make it "hydroproof" but they still bend. Hydraulics take your suspension to 0. The hydraulic fluid is not compressable (or magnitudes less that nitro charged shocks) so you end up with steel bending and twisting if you are hopping it. Or even moving for that matter. The force has to go somewhere. Do it on a $3000 POS, thenyou can spend more on the hydros ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
274 Posts
:eek: ooowwww...can't wait to see his is300 on three wheels....you better post pics :eek: hahhhahaha
if he does do it, i'm selling me car.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.