Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my fist post and I am a proud owner of a new to me 2004 MSM IS300. On another note, I have a small question about my fan speed control. When I turn the knob from the off position to low or any other speeds, my A/C light turns on and the compressor kicks on. I read that the car has dehumidified heat and I was wondering if this is normal. Should this be happening, or do I need to get it looked at? I am only asking this because I have never known a car to have the A/C on when I am trying to heat my car.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
You turn it off ?
Mine is on Auto, and yes the A/C is on, and it changes from recirc to Fresh when it warms up.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
de humidified heat is going through the air conditioning to remove the moisture from the air. you can see this quickly when the windows fog up, you put the heat on and the defrost mode to the windshield. the window with only heat takes forever to defrost, but with the ac on, it goes very quickly. this is normal, and the way it was designed to operate. dont worry about it, and welcome. btw, hvac is commercial, industrial, or home type air conditioning and heating. car is just air conditioning.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IanH:
Yes I turn the fan speed off when I get out of the car.

Rialto Mike:
Thanks for the explanation of dehumidified air. Sorry for the mix up on HVAC.

So every time the fan speed goes past AUTO it is supposed to trigger the A/C to come on? I just figured this would wear out the compressor when you may not need it all the time. I guess I can just manually turn it off whenever it comes on if I don't want it.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.