1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Yeah, I saw those on Ebay too. Actually I was looking at an ES. The damages are probably hit from flying debres from the wind. IMO, it's not worth saving a few dollars by fixing them up.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
better watch out for more damage than that. there was a huge news thing on CNN about hurricane damaged vehicles being sold. who knows if there was flood damage to them too.

·
Registered
656 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
better watch out for more damage than that. there was a huge news thing on CNN about hurricane damaged vehicles being sold. who knows if there was flood damage to them too.
Ditto. They said to watch out for these hurricane cars being sold to unassuming customers, and to have the gall to call it a "hurricane sale" makes it even worse. Stupid, stupid marketing. Hurricanes aren't just about wind. They are more damaging due to the huge amounts of rain that they bring. These cars might have been under water (why are they for sale all of a sudden?), and you will regret your decision to buy one for the rest of your life. I wouldn't even consider it. The car might look good, but the damage could lie deep inside the interior, the engine, etc. Hell, they could have pulled a body out of that car to boot. Still interested? :suspiciou

·
Registered
39 Posts
That first car looks like someone just drove the crap out of it and didnt have a care in the world about the car. Just imagine how the suspension and engine are.

·
Registered
39 Posts
my fault...i didnt realize it said hurricane damage. I would steer clear even though it is a great price. It could just be a headache to own

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emailed the seller and he said the car is not flood damage.

but i still want to know Where are those scratches come from and how come the side view mirror and antenna are broken? i think it can't be just the wind.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Even it they're not flood damaged, I don't think it's worth getting a damaged IS when there are so many great used ones out there. You don't know that you are going to get that great a deal anyway. Like I said, they are totally stupid to call it a hurricane sale. You know something happened to the cars, and you don't know just by looking at photos how much happened.

·
Registered
771 Posts
If you know for a fact that its not flood damaged (you get it inspected).. it may very well be worth your time to look into it.. an IS like that with such minor damage could be a steal

·
Registered
39 Posts
They do have a point tho.....if it wasnt flood damaged, then id go for it. Maybe stipulate they fix some of the stuff before you buy it for a set cost.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You had better get a hell of a deal on it. I just don't see the point of getting a car with some problems when there are pristine ISs for sale all over the place. It it's to save money, fine, but check it over thoroughly. Also, make sure you can't smell anything bad in the cabin which might indicate mildew from water damage. The dealer can say what they want, but they could be lying. Do what you want.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
just make sure they give you the 10 yr warranty 100k or something :cool:

JM is #1 in FL

·
Mod er 8 er
608 Posts
The cars aren't flood damaged as far as I know. We had really strong winds during Wilma and that's why the cars look the way they do.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Did you look at the reputation of this dealer on eBay? They have three negative reps for misrepresenting their cars as being in better shape than they are. People were very pissed at them. One person said the car was in horrible condition when he arrived to see it. After seeing the picture of the cars, I don't think it's worth it. They are scratched pretty badly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts