Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, how did the rest of yall make out with the storm? I left for the Houston DUB show before I really knew the hurricane was coming to New Orleans.

From the looks of the news it looks really bad in New Orleans and all over the Gulf Coast but I know this big system is going to affect most of the south. From what the news says the levee by my house is still holding up but if it let go I would have about 11 feet of water in my house :jawDrop:

Phones in (504) area code dont work at all which is not suprising but it sucks that I can't get in touch with any of my friends or family. I hope everyone else is staying safe that is getting the bad weather right now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
We got some pretty heavy rain over in GA today but nothin too severe... there was a couple of tornado watches. Other than that it hasn't really done any damage here.

Hope everything turns out ok with ur house and stuff tho.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
damn Justin, where are you staying at now? Still at the hotel! Hope everything is okay out there haven't really look at the news.

·
Registered
345 Posts
hope u your family and friends are safe and your houses and everything are alright...i no everyone in my small town has been praying for yall this week

·
Registered
157 Posts
yea i hope everyone makes it out safely.. we havent been affected here yet but we're supposed ti get 4-8 inches of rain tomorrow on top of the 3 we've had the past 2 days.. floods coming

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
DAmn bro i searched this board all over to see if any one had heard from yer ass

Really glad to see you are out of there & safe man i was bummin for a while there !!!

My prayers are with your family & friends & any one else still out there ,... prayers for that damn levee to hold & protect your place too!!

the fuking pictures are insane....

me thinks i'll take earthquakes & brush fires ANY fuking day over THAT type of shit!!!!

stay safe!

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the levee broke (300 ft wide) RIGHT by my house but it turned out to be a canal levee and it broke on the opposite side of my place. To give you an idea how much water comes out of the broken levee downtown, which is about 25 min drive from the levee break is filling up 1 inch every 5 min! Thats just from the levee water no rain!
So since this has relieved the pressure in the canal my house is 99% safe now.

Badman- I was looking for you at the show, figured you would have been there.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
i haven't really done any shows for awhile, mainly cause the car is scarred from drifting. but it's getting a makeover as we speak. so, did you already leave htown?

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
LCA575 said:
Well the levee broke (300 ft wide) RIGHT by my house but it turned out to be a canal levee and it broke on the opposite side of my place. To give you an idea how much water comes out of the broken levee downtown, which is about 25 min drive from the levee break is filling up 1 inch every 5 min! Thats just from the levee water no rain!
So since this has relieved the pressure in the canal my house is 99% safe now.

Badman- I was looking for you at the show, figured you would have been there.

Damn... so since the other ppl got hosed, you're safe.

Life is a balance I guess. :confused:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
glad to see things are safe with you....

my thoughts are with those down there...

maybe we can get a "RELIEF DONATION" thread stickied in one of the forums....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Justin, you are so lucky not to have gotten flooded. My house in Kenner has never had water come up to the driveway from past storms but now has 3 feet inside. I ended up driving to Chicago to stay with family until I get the chance to get back home.

·
Registered
469 Posts
glad to see you are ok......i was supose to go down there yesterday but didnt....know i have to go saturday......its going to be some long days

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
isFAST said:
Justin, you are so lucky not to have gotten flooded. My house in Kenner has never had water come up to the driveway from past storms but now has 3 feet inside. I ended up driving to Chicago to stay with family until I get the chance to get back home.
Yeah, I hear kenner got some serious water... really sorry bro.

When I heard the 17th canal broke I was just depressed. I just bought my house less than a year ago and finaly finished the remodeling. The thought of water running through it made me want to puke. This has been such a nightmare.

Are you going to go back into the city on Monday? For those that dont know, they are allowing residents to go back into Jefferson (west of orleans) on Monday to asses the damage then they want to clear the city for 2 months while they decontaminate it.

My uncle works for entergy and got choppered in today so hopefully he can asses the damage to my familys houses from the air and let us know the extenet of the damage. My other uncle lives on Belaire Dr. right where the break was and on CNN you can see hardly see the top of the huge new house they just finished building.

Its just a mess, I am going to set up a temporary residence and work out of Atlanta for the next few months.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts