Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided to go to LA/OC and chill with some of you .NETTERS today. All in all it was pretty fun. Here some pics with my whole story about my trip. enjoy. (i tried to make it 56k friendly by downsizing the pics)

So i woke up at 5:30 this morning and left around 6:20 to goto the little meet in huntington beach at BJ's pizza. You guys are like 6:20?? WTF right?? yea well, comin from SIN CITY its ONLY a 4 hour drive. Look....37.4miles into the trip and im already trying to top out the car.

Not a good sign with 240miles left to go. lol.
<---finally near LA
Anyways, i got to LA in about 3 1/2 hours and hung out in Hollywood for a bit. I found a hand car wash place on Santa Monica Blvd, so i had them wash up the IS. It was about 10:45 and thought i should get going to huntington. Idiot me thought i could make it in an hour and 15min. :oops: And idiot me though PCH1 was the fastest way. :oops:
<--finally got to huntington!
It ended up taking me somewhere around 2hours and got to the meet around 12:50, when everyone was already at BJ's. But then i see an IS trying to park next to all of the other IS's. Wow, someone else to go looking for the others, i thought to myself. :D It ended up being KEV IS300....he tells me he's been cruising around the the parking garge since 12:05 trying to find all the IS's. LOL :lol: thats like 45min in the parking garge KEV! lol. Anyways we end up going to BJ's looking for people we've never meet or seen. The girl at BJ's was like can i help u and i was like "yea, im looking for some people ive never seen or meet, you think u can help us" :lol: haha :lol: . It ended up they were sitting right next to the enterance so we got lucky. After some pizza we all headed back to the car to check them out.
<---UpTownIS300er's engine bay
<---top of the PK garge
<KEV IS300's car
<--another pic of UptownIS300
So after taking the pics, and have never lived in CALI, i thought i'd show some future buyers of the hotchkis sway bars what they performed like. A couple of drift turn at the top of the parking garge with no cars but us, sounds alright? YEA RIGHT :eek: I took everyone for a ride and like 30seconds later (LITERALLY) a CALI COP HELICOPER is circling around the parking garge. OOOOPS. :eek: :eek: I'd say its time for us to LEAVE!. We all left and decided to head to NEWPORT for some more ocean pics.
<--KEV and Uptown
<--BLACKSPORTD
<--my mirror shot of BLACKSPORTD

We get to NEWPORT BEACH and everyone parks. 2minutes later, some dude comes out of a shop and points to this sign! WTF damn, everyone in cali is so uptight, relax. lol. no offense.

Anyways after hours of talkin everyone had to leave, but it was all an all a pretty sweet meet.

Bye Bye Cali pic in the mirror

So I thought i had my only run in with the LAW today at the PK GARGE. HA. Im going about a buck 10 and i can see the Nevada border. All the sudden my radar goes off! Shit!, i slam on the brakes and i see the CHP....did he clock me?....he pulls out and im the only one on the road! SHIT!!..he gets behind me and then pulls back off!!!! WTF, its like the IRAQI MIND FUCK (live from bagdad HBO movie). I had a heart attack. But lucky me even if i did get pulled over its only a fine, no point or record because i have COLORADO plates and a colorado drivers license.
Now most of us would have learned our lesson for speeding for the night right? nope not me cuz im an idiot. I cross the NEVADA border and get back up to about a 100. Radar goes off again, SHIT, this time its a Nevada trooper. Luckly, my radar detector staved me. This time i did learn my lession and cruied home. BTW, did anyone know u can see the LUXOR light all the way from the nevada border with is about 40miles away. That light is frickin bright.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
i am guessing you went back home already? if not you can go to the luxury motorworks meet tomorrow in so cal as well :wink:

·
Registered
584 Posts
yeh i loved the ride in your car. much funner car to drive than my is for sure but driving that much :chill: i dont think i could ever do that but yeh loved your car and the meet was koo. hope to me you sometime again. and some guts going 138! lol ive only driven 128 before and that was at like 3 am but you during day time! lol what a rode trip! next time get a dvd in your car and you might have some fun in traffic :crazy: hahaha

some more pictures http://www.cardomain.com/id/nrk_ht

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Studlyy796, thanks for the pics. I guess I don't have to post more pics :wink: it was pretty fun and stuff.. I'd like to hang out with you guys w/o a problem. :D

·
Registered
37,399 Posts
Kev IS300, u have a really NICE, Clean setup on ur IS, Great Props to u! :D

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
COPS. I hate cops. Nice job outsmarting them all, including the choppeR!!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
that cop helicopter was funny as hell.... I told u dude!!! you should have gone to the Luxuryworks meet... cuz of you I can't go now either..... if you had crashed at my place i wouldn't have gone out so late n partied so hard.... which then i would wake up in time to go to the meet and not have this terrible hangover...!!! its your fault! :bitching:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UpTownIS300er said:
that cop helicopter was funny as hell.... I told u dude!!! you should have gone to the Luxuryworks meet... cuz of you I can't go now either..... if you had crashed at my place i wouldn't have gone out so late n partied so hard.... which then i would wake up in time to go to the meet and not have this terrible hangover...!!! its your fault! :bitching:
haha LOL, my bad :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
AltEzZa_S4 said:
Kev IS300, u have a really NICE, Clean setup on ur IS, Great Props to u! :D
AltEzZa_S4, thanks for the props!! :D your car is awsome too!! thumbs up for your car!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yo Studdly, too bad i didn't make it, especially since you made the trip down here and everything. Turns out there was a Luxury Motorworks meet too? I'm pissed. lol. But i had a good weekend with my lady and snowboarding and shiet. So hope all is well, and i'll come to vegas sometime, atleast when i get a fake id. haha (yes i'm a younging 19/20) But nice pics, best pics from a meet with info i've seen ever in the 3 years of being on .net. lol. u musta been pretty bored. lol jk. Hope all is well, haven't been on .net in a while. so maybe i'll get back in the swing of things.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
we should deffinently do it again, it was fun. Nrkht, you could show us what the Hotchkis are doing for your ride haha. Uptown, I've got some good ole' pacific rim Nav pics, no Australia though, I must have been busy haha. Until next time, take it easy
B. :chill:

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
BlackSportD said:
we should deffinently do it again, it was fun. Nrkht, you could show us what the Hotchkis are doing for your ride haha. Uptown, I've got some good ole' pacific rim Nav pics, no Australia though, I must have been busy haha. Until next time, take it easy
yea i was pretty bumm'd i didn't take many pictures of some of those places... haha we dont need pictures :wink: Memories are a worth so much more 8)

PS I'm packing for some boardin up in Tahoe right now as we speak!!! puahaha!!! I know your jealous!!! :chill:

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
UpTownIS300er said:
BlackSportD said:
yea i was pretty bumm'd i didn't take many pictures of some of those places... haha we dont need pictures :wink: Memories are a worth so much more 8)

PS I'm packing for some boardin up in Tahoe right now as we speak!!! puahaha!!! I know your jealous!!! :chill:
Brian Head Utah, how you like dem apples? hahaha. Not until late this month though :cry: Enjoy your trip and take it easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.