Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
August 22 - 24, 2003

SELOC "Taming the Dragon" Meet


Deal's Gap, NC/TN Border, big groups are coming from Atlanta and Charlotte
(among others). This road (called "Tail of the Dragon") is amazing, with
318 curves in 11 miles. Here's a small taste of the Dragon's Tail:
Right Click and Save As
--> http://www.lilaw.info/images/Dragon/11-minute run.wmv

There's a website setup for more info on the meet that is being continually
updated.
Check out www.lexusdragon.com for more information on the meet and to RSVP
if you're going to come!

Unfortunatly i will not be able to attend since school starts the 20th for myself. For more information you can PM me or 1SICKLEX. Thanks in advnace!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,019 Posts
Dam this looks like a lot of fun, too bad its too far away.... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,019 Posts
I just watched that 11 min run video, holy crap I want to move there, that brings back memories of when I lived in Michigian. To bad Florduh (florida) roads suck ass......

I wil put some more thought on going, but it doesn't look good. :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Yeah, I'll be there.. i'm gonna see if i can organize a 3 person caravan from Augusta..seing that there are only 3 IS's here, NitrousIS300 and cmondamnit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Freelance said:
I just watched that 11 min run video, holy crap I want to move there, that brings back memories of when I lived in Michigian. To bad Florduh (florida) roads suck ass......

I wil put some more thought on going, but it doesn't look good. :-?
I'll give you a cookie if you come! I really want to see that car of yours in person...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,019 Posts
cdawg said:
Freelance said:
I just watched that 11 min run video, holy crap I want to move there, that brings back memories of when I lived in Michigian. To bad Florduh (florida) roads suck ass......

I wil put some more thought on going, but it doesn't look good. :-?
I'll give you a cookie if you come! I really want to see that car of yours in person...
What kind of Cookie???


Actually I have been pondering this a lot. I really want to drive this road, so I am going to review the itenary a little more and see the details of the meet. Then make my decision, but I REALLY Want to drive this road.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
1SICKLEX said:
Alright!! When R U Augusta boyz coming up? We are caravaning from the ATL.
I'm back to square one. A decision will be able to be made by August 4th as to whether I can go or not.

Bottom line is that I would love to! I just have to see about the Ohio and S/C trip.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,623 Posts
I'm seriously considering driving up there & "Spearing the Dragon". Heck, I'm scheduled to be in Gainesville, FL until Wednesday, August 20, and Gainesville is a bit over 1/3 of the way from Miami to TN/NC. Work and $ are the issues I need to work out, as well as the ever-lingering question: When will the South FL .net meet happen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,019 Posts
jruhi4 said:
I'm seriously considering driving up there & "Spearing the Dragon". Heck, I'm scheduled to be in Gainesville, FL until Wednesday, August 20, and Gainesville is a bit over 1/3 of the way from Miami to TN/NC. Work and $ are the issues I need to work out, as well as the ever-lingering question: When will the South FL .net meet happen?
Well man it would be cool to have other S. Florida ppl go, I am going for sure and JiggaFett is coming along w/ me, so see if you can it will be a lot of fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,019 Posts
So is anyone else going to try to tame this amazing road, I am going for sure, so if anyone wants to meet in FL, let me know....
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,909 Posts
Guys, I will be attending this event with Freelance. I watched that 11min vid., and I must say I am excited about this "Road Trip" I only wish there were roads like that down here.

I have a suggestion to make so maybe more people will join in on the fun.

Create a link within your signature here at .net so that when you post in another forum it might catch someones eye who might not have been to this All Together forum in awhile. I will be doing so by the end of the week.

:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,019 Posts
Good Idea Jiggafett.

Here is the link so ppl can hyper text it.

FOR THE CODING, JUST Quote this message, then COPY AND PASTE THE CODE INTO WHATEVER MESSAGE YOU POST.


 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,909 Posts
...or maybe I'll speak to jedi later today and will ask him to allow just a few of us here to put that link in our sigs. since at the moment the sigs. cannot have pics, or maybe he'll be kind enough to hype it up by putting a link on the forum pages along with the adverts.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top