Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, im contemplating going with Htechs on my stock shocks. Currently, i find my hotchkis setup too low for my roads around where i live. I find i rub the front tire gaurd rubber pieces whenever going up a slight inline driveway, or my exhaust. It pains me so much when this happens.

Do people with Htech's find they scrape the bottom of their cars at all? I want to lower the car very slightly so that it loses some wheel well gap, but no sacrifice driveability. Also, do owners find that the Htechs drop a lot more than the stated .7F/1R. Any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i believe they do drop more than that when they settle. that's why i sold mine and went with L-Tuned springs. go with those!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind if they drop more when settling, as long as they're good for every day usage. I mean, we get rough winters, bad roads, and i have to deal with inclined driveways all the time.

As long as people don't scrape with them (in cities other than the beautiful roads of Cali) i wouldn't mind switching them out for those.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
hmm... well since the guys here with Htechs aint replying i guess i'll let you know once i get mine installed in a couple of weeks. i'm hoping they aint too low once they settle in.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can any htech owners chime in?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I don't scrape my Carbon Ti at all and I drive all day long. But I am on 19"s and I pretty much stay on the Kingwood area

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Intresting...you guys are on aftermarket shocks, so it would be lower, but you don't scrape. Thats promising. I'll have to decide between these or Eibachs. The only problem is the eibachs are twice as expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts