Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a set of these on their IS? The look really nice and well made. HRE makes wheels for Ferraris and other high end cars, but hasn't forgotten about the IS. Just let me know what you guys think. I like the 547R and the 545R.

www.hrewheels.com

Later,

Chris

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
i had a set of the 545's back in the day.... loved them, too bad they didn't fit right.... i plan on getting a set of 545r's in the very near future

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
HRE has it all...variety of beautiful styles, gorgeous custom finishes and a price that will make those small hairs on the back of your neck stand at attention. :wink:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Sinister.....The wheels look great, as well does the car....PM me I have a question for ya.....

Dan
02' MSM IS300
STOCK.....
.......It comes with the Turbo and the 6-Speed right ?....
TOYOMOTO Built & Tuned
"I'm so far ahead of my time, I'm bout to start another life
Look behind you, I'm bout to pass you twice"......S.C.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CRB said:
HRE has it all...variety of beautiful styles, gorgeous custom finishes and a price that will make those small hairs on the back of your neck stand at attention.:wink:
Exactly.

:eek:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm in love with HRE wheels, to bad I could buy a lot of crap for the price. There is a Black TTZ running around, just like my old one with 18" HRE wheels on it, sooooo pretty

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I ordered some HRE 345 (3pcs) for my Stealth before, but they took forever to custom make them... so I ended up cancelling my order, and got myself some OZ Mito modular (3pcs) instead. Just too bad 'cuz I really like the look of the HRE's!!

The OZ cost more, but are thoses 2 wheels comparable??

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
HRE does make nice wheels but the cast centers are the weak point for the same price you can get FIKSE wheels which are completely forged.. or for less get a set of introforged wheels which are also completely forged.... the diffence.. better construction...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
fairuza11 said:
HRE does make nice wheels but the cast centers are the weak point for the same price you can get FIKSE wheels which are completely forged.. or for less get a set of introforged wheels which are also completely forged.... the diffence.. better construction...
I believe the progression you were looking for was:

better research...better information...better advice....

fairuza11 here is a good link for you to check out the facts about HRE wheels.

http://www.cncmagazine.com/archive01/v2i07/v2i07j.htm

And an excerpt from same:

cncmagazine said:
“We only work in forged aluminum, and we have a growing number of styles machined from our two standard forgings,” says Philip M. Hillhouse, HRE’s head of marketing. “They are precision milled on Haas machining centers, allowing us not only to have a very strong wheel, but a very lightweight wheel as well.
Fikse wheel are very similar to HRE except Fikse has fewer styles and hidden hardware. Both are custom made-to-order forged wheels though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
13 Participants
CRB
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing