Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!

I don't usually post a lot in the is300 section, but I do lurk quite a bit. I recently just bought a set of HRE wheels for my IS300 and I have a concern about my fitment. I addressed it with HRE multiple times via email and phone call, but i have yet to hear an answer from them. I wanted to seek various opinions as to if this is normal or not while I wait and hear back from HRE.

My concern is currently the back of the wheel's face is sitting 1.5-2 inches away from my BBK's (Brembo Gran Turismo) caliper. This is my first set of HRE wheels (but not my first set of three piece wheels), so I am unsure whether this is due to the wheel's design or a flaw with their spec configuration since I specified them to fit the previously mentioned BBK. Is this normal or something went wrong with the offset they selected. I am trying to minimize the distance in hopes to maximize the lip. What do you guys suggest I do?

Thanks in advance! Sorry for long read!

Cliffs:
Why the heck do I have such a huge gap between the back of my wheel and the caliper?!

EDIT: Problem has been resolved by HRE this morning. They simply were being on the safe side when it came to my front fitment. Thanks for the responses guys.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'm not a wheel fitment genius, but couldn't you just messure the distance between the spoke and the caliper, and get a smaller offset to give you the gap you want?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.