Pic4
Pic5
Pic6
Pic7
Pic8
Pic9
Pic10
Pic11

So you guys were right they don't fit. They do, but they hit on pumps. But, I love the way they look in the front and back. What can I do. I feel like if I shave it won't help because the wheel still won't fit under in the fender?? Would stiffer springs work, I am running stock suspension. I would like to go almost 2" lower too, since its 2" higher with the 19". Dumb question....will lowering the car make wheels hit the fenders even worse?

I also live in West Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale are if shaving will help were can I have it done. Good price and quality.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Have a reputable wheel shop shave the 6+ mm off the wheels to give you the correct offset. I think that's about the only thing you can do and good luck. The other thing you could is sell those wheels and purchase wheels that fit your car correctly. :-?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hmm looks like you could camber them in(more negative) and clear your fendors, you will go through more tires though.

JiPnLeX said:
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
Pic6
Pic7
Pic8
Pic9
Pic10
Pic11

So you guys were right they don't fit. They do, but they hit on pumps. But, I love the way they look in the front and back. What can I do. I feel like if I shave it won't help because the wheel still won't fit under in the fender?? Would stiffer springs work, I am running stock suspension. I would like to go almost 2" lower too, since its 2" higher with the 19". Dumb question....will lowering the car make wheels hit the fenders even worse?

I also live in West Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale are if shaving will help were can I have it done. Good price and quality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an idea.... at college we had this NC Machine, Basically an NC machine can cut whatever you want at any depth. So if I take 10mm off if the inside of the wheel I should be ok. Structurally I think the wheel can hold up, as in it won't buckle under pressure. I just need to find one in south florida.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to the shop today.

1. They weren't assholes and didn't tell me to go F*ck myself... so that was good.

2. They put the front right wheel on, to see if it fit.

3. Then they put all of them on and he test drove it. And then we both test drove it together. The back still hit. But the front didn't.

4. He said for me to come back in tomorrow to have the rear fenders rolled and then rear wheels should fit.

I am so confused. Friday night and Sat. I swore the front and the rear tires hit, when I had just had one passenger. Maybe it was just the left and the right rear tires hitting. BUT I swear it was the front because it felt like that car rocked forward and hit and then rocked back then hit. If it was just the rear I'll be excited. I'll keep you posted about if the fenders being rolled goes ok.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It is still going to look funny cuz your wheels stick out of the wheel well. That problem will remain until you shave the inner part of the wheel to achieve the proper offset. That is if unless you like your wheels sticking out and not flushed. :-?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how do you guys test to see if you can get the front to rub??? I turn really hard and it won't... I am going to try and hit a big bump tonight with another person in the front seat.

·
Premium Member
8,850 Posts
damn icon pop-ups ... :bitching:

........ i see my car w/ mesh wheels i go :eek: and :crazy: ......

although i prefer spokes more than mesh on the IS3 :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.