Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone knows about the HP header?is it good?i heard it comes with the simulator and i have checked a few posts here.i'm just wondering is this simulator the same as the others?thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah and i have srt intake/ecu .i just searched for some threads about hp or toyomoto headers.they said it would cause problems if i have this intake and those headers on.is it true?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
it can. some people i'm pretty sure have been okay. you're most likely good to go if you have the GenII r-ecu since it'll run willingly with a header. The old GenI's were causing more problems.

If you're going header / midpipe.... you'll get the most power out of them if you get an AFC / S-AFC with that many breathing mods. But since you've got the SRT already with the piggyback, that's a little overkill in the A/F area.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont know if my srt intake /ecu the r-ecu is gen 1 or 2.i have srt intake/ecu ,safc<not tuned yet>, greddy evo exhaust.will it be good if i add the hp header?would it have problem?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the hp header comes with the o2 simulator.i'm just wondering if it'll cause any problems if i just install the o2 simulator first without installing the header because i want to install the header by myself,but i dont have tools to lift my car and do it myself.has to take it to the shop,but the shop said i'll be around $100 for insatlling the o2 simulator.damn i hate the shops in canada.any suguestions?thanks

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
???

i'm just wondering if it'll cause any problems if i just install the o2 simulator first without installing the header because i want to install the header by myself,but i dont have tools to lift my car and do it myself.has to take it to the shop,but the shop said i'll be around $100 for insatlling the o2 simulator.damn i hate the shops in canada.any suguestions?thanks

why the hell would you install a O2 sim with out a header on.. .the O2 sim is only needed to eliminate CE lights AFTER the header is installed.. .the header removes the Cats & THAT throws CE lights....

installing the O2 sim with outthe header in there is just ridiculous, & a total waste of time... not to mention potentially harmful....

get the header installed & THEN you can install the O2 sim by yourself no problem...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.