Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is HKS the only company that makes Adjustable Cam Gear for the is300? and getting this ... what would it really improve over the factory cam gear? i read about Kanine21 installing his HKS adjustable cam gears and im pretty stoked ! scary thing to mess up valves and stuff hard to replace since its so damn heavy to get it done in your own garage! (i.e. removing the head)

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
I think i know for a 17 yr old kid...You put the compression thingy into the sparkplug hole and uh...turn the car on! I think thats how you do it.. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
why do one if you dont even know how to do one. Would you be able to interpret the results you get?

Well anyways, first of all you will need a compression test, lolz dont get those cheap ass ones from like your local part stores, I've found that they aren't that accurate.

1) Remove all spark plugs
2) Disconnect fuel and ignition
3) Block open the throttle
4) Place compression testor adaptor into the spark plug hole
5) Crank the engine over, to desire amount of compression puffs (make sure they are the same amount of puffs for each cylinder.
6) Lolz you can figure out the whole results stand point of the test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.