Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i was driving on some winding roads on my neighborhood and a thought came into my mind.

well, apparently 'spirited driving' isnt a concrete thing as opposed to sactioned racing or outright reckless driving so im wondering what 'spirited driving' means to individual people.

-i like to think of it as... flowing as quickly as the road is meant to flow :crazy:

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
driving on windy roads at a speed high enough to "lift your spirits" :wink: hence, spirited driving 8)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Spirited driving, to me is driving the car hard, i.e. upper rev band, and taking turns at speed limit and facing some switchbacks or fairly twisty roads and properly executing heel/toe downshifts. Basically 6 to 7/10's driving. :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Spirited driving is how i drive everyday. Making sharp turns at high speeds, shifting at high RPM's, double clutching, heel+toe and listening to the sound of my 2JZ roar. To me that is spirited driving :)

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
speedtrap said:
Spirited driving, to me is driving the car hard, i.e. upper rev band, and taking turns at speed limit and facing some switchbacks or fairly twisty roads and properly executing heel/toe downshifts. Basically 6 to 7/10's driving. :D
I agree w/ this completely. This is just a step lower than I drive daily. ;) j/k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts