Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not that crazy about the stock seats, and I think these Recaros would give me more headroom as well since they're lower. They cost about $2250 a pair, including the runners. Install is easy.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
They look nice but heavy. I think with the black interior theyd match.

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sparcos like Milanos? They are $800 for cloth, $1200 for leather, plus $400 for the runners probably. I don't like the cheaper seats with the plastic bodies, I want luxury sport seats.

jupiterfish said:
expensive..........sparcos dont cost that much, given that those Recaros look more jdm

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ckolsen said:
I'm not that crazy about the stock seats, and I think these Recaros would give me more headroom as well since they're lower. They cost about $2250 a pair, including the runners. Install is easy.

Recaro's are great. I don't know if that $2250 quote included leather and/or comfort package but Dave Turner Motersports has "Style" starting at $760 per incl. the runners.

http://www.daveturner.com/recaro/index.html

The only negative would be that you loose your side airbag with the aftermarket seats. Too bad Lexus didn't put it in the door, a la Mercedes. I just hope that you never get T-boned on the drivers side.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
do you want more comfort? are you into autox where you need more lateral/lumbar support or you just don't like the stock seats, what about bride seats, would you rather have buckets seats or seats that recline?

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CRB - I don't think Dave Turner's price includes the runners - and that price is for the cloth - the leather is more. Still, it's cheaper than the place I saw - thanks!! I'm not so worried about the airbags, my BMW doesn't have them - or ABS for that matter. :)
Inochi, I want seats like the stock ones, but with more lateral support, and lower - that way I can get an IS300 with a moonroof and still have headroom.

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do want seats that recline - and I like the Recaros better than the Torinos I think.
The Recaros have power up/down, and manual recline and slide - but power recline is an option.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Vertex altezza (drift video) used Recaro seats re-upholstered to red.
:D
which im gettin next year

ckolsen said:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
dje
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing