Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not that crazy about the stock seats, and I think these Recaros would give me more headroom as well since they're lower. They cost about $2250 a pair, including the runners. Install is easy.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
They look nice but heavy. I think with the black interior theyd match.

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sparcos like Milanos? They are $800 for cloth, $1200 for leather, plus $400 for the runners probably. I don't like the cheaper seats with the plastic bodies, I want luxury sport seats.

jupiterfish said:
expensive..........sparcos dont cost that much, given that those Recaros look more jdm

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ckolsen said:
I'm not that crazy about the stock seats, and I think these Recaros would give me more headroom as well since they're lower. They cost about $2250 a pair, including the runners. Install is easy.

Recaro's are great. I don't know if that $2250 quote included leather and/or comfort package but Dave Turner Motersports has "Style" starting at $760 per incl. the runners.

http://www.daveturner.com/recaro/index.html

The only negative would be that you loose your side airbag with the aftermarket seats. Too bad Lexus didn't put it in the door, a la Mercedes. I just hope that you never get T-boned on the drivers side.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
do you want more comfort? are you into autox where you need more lateral/lumbar support or you just don't like the stock seats, what about bride seats, would you rather have buckets seats or seats that recline?

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CRB - I don't think Dave Turner's price includes the runners - and that price is for the cloth - the leather is more. Still, it's cheaper than the place I saw - thanks!! I'm not so worried about the airbags, my BMW doesn't have them - or ABS for that matter. :)
Inochi, I want seats like the stock ones, but with more lateral support, and lower - that way I can get an IS300 with a moonroof and still have headroom.

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do want seats that recline - and I like the Recaros better than the Torinos I think.
The Recaros have power up/down, and manual recline and slide - but power recline is an option.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Vertex altezza (drift video) used Recaro seats re-upholstered to red.
:D
which im gettin next year

ckolsen said:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts