1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
289 Posts
lol brandon my neck is still hurting from the ride.....ouch.....imma say it again your car is a BEAST!!

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
good stuff brandon. when do i get to drive the car?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Kick ass write up dude.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sam, sorry about your neck man.

mike, i will let you know after i get the car tuned and we will go for a ride.

what it is, the rods are a part of the upgrade with TE. what you said (according to my knowledge) applies only with toyomoto. lance is sending me his version of the rods and i am putting those into my other tranny.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
so this is if you have the rods to do the vb upgrade yourself right?

What if i just want to take off the VB and send it in to say turboeast, what parts would i need to take off?

BTW +rep for nice writeup!!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the + reps guys.

according to toyomoto, the rods is all they do besides the rebuilt. with TE and PFS, u will have to send your vb to them and they do something (drill) with the pressure plate then you reinstall it back.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Can we do mine too? in the spring time? how much was the vb upgrade?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dasgalloway said:
Eeks.... you did it the old-fashioned, hard way. :(
what is the new and easier way?

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
TDLI said:
what is the new and easier way?

Let me get the ACE Hardware part number or details for you... basically... you buy two long bolts of the right pitch and diameter... and replace two of the OEM bolts with them before removing the rest.

When the VB drops, the two bolts will hold it in the proper alignment, and if the bolts are the right length, will keep the check valve from falling out of place, and all the accumulator pistons/springs will stay in place til you remove them instead of falling all over.

Makes it much easier to do the whole shebang, esp when working upside-down.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dasgalloway said:
Let me get the ACE Hardware part number or details for you... basically... you buy two long bolts of the right pitch and diameter... and replace two of the OEM bolts with them before removing the rest.

When the VB drops, the two bolts will hold it in the proper alignment, and if the bolts are the right length, will keep the check valve from falling out of place, and all the accumulator pistons/springs will stay in place til you remove them instead of falling all over.

Makes it much easier to do the whole shebang, esp when working upside-down.
sounds like a good deal. thanks for sharing and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i also received a set (3) of toyomoto rods few days ago. they look different (much thinner) and are solid rods like Kane said to me. I will take some pictures and hopefully we can do a quick comparison on what the differences are (if any).

Reactions: Fig
1 - 20 of 23 Posts